• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Tater

107 posts in this topic

I'd rather get back to Black Widow's lesson.

That's exactly how we are training Newt and he looks better than BW does in that outfit 893whatthe.gif

It's better than me coming to work in my Superman suit. yay.gif

Wait a minute...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1800th post!!!!!!

That's exactly how we are training Newt and he looks better than BW does in that outfit 893whatthe.gif

It's better than me coming to work in my Superman suit. yay.gif

Wait a minute...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1800th post!!!!!!

why are you guys posting when you should be grading?

That is just wrong. WRONG. On so many level's. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

I know my own grammar and spelling aren't always what they should be, but as long as we're venting over improper use of the apostrophe, can people stop adding it to numerically expressed decades (i.e. "the 1990's").

I just spent 7 hours editing a proposal. By my count, we used the abbreviation SME for Subject Matter Expert 300 times in 200 pages, which is about right. 84 times the writer used SME's to refer to the plural. ARGH. These are highly paid people who don't understand this concept. Argh. Argh. Argh.

And you're right, you can't turn your brain off. I find typos EVERYWHERE. Argh.

I know my own grammar and spelling aren't always what they should be, but as long as we're venting over improper use of the apostrophe, can people stop adding it to numerically expressed decades (i.e. "the 1990's").

I just spent 7 hours editing a proposal. By my count, we used the abbreviation SME for Subject Matter Expert 300 times in 200 pages, which is about right. 84 times the writer used SME's to refer to the plural. ARGH. These are highly paid people who don't understand this concept. Argh. Argh. Argh.

If this editor thing doesn't work out for you, you'd make an excellent pirate. Arrrrgh!

If this editor thing doesn't work out for you, you'd make an excellent pirate. Arrrrgh!

Do Software pirates travel in ships?

MORE PIRATE JOKES!

27_laughing.gif

MORE PIRATE JOKES!

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Yes indeed!

It's "1980s," not "1980's." And while we're at it, it's "the '80s," not "the 80's." and technically, the mark before the 8 in the abbreviated version should not be an apostrophe curled toward the 8 but one curled away from the 8, signifying the replacement of preceding numbers.

Arnold

Yes indeed!

It's "1980s," not "1980's." And while we're at it, it's "the '80s," not "the 80's." and technically, the mark before the 8 in the abbreviated version should not be an apostrophe curled toward the 8 but one curled away from the 8, signifying the replacement of preceding numbers.

Arnold

Man, as if we're not all geeky enough simply by virtue of being comic collectors, now we're taking it to a whole new level with punctuation obsession. I feel like we're trying out for a new Olympic event or something. insane.gif

Arnold, you get to be Team Captain. poke2.gif Donut, you get to be Team Pirate. Arrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!

SME? Was it #15? cloud9.gif

1996_15.jpg

A collection of red x eyepatches? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Odd, I see them clearly. He's got them on Comic Art Fan -- perhaps they have a remote loading block put in place and I can see them 'cus they are in my browser's cache.

Anyone else see them?

A collection of red x eyepatches? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Odd, I see them clearly. He's got them on Comic Art Fan -- perhaps they have a remote loading block put in place and I can see them 'cus they are in my browser's cache.

Anyone else see them?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, tis a collection of red eye patches I be seein'!