• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2014....... it Begins---------The Votes are in!!!

243 posts in this topic

exciting....I did not think I got much this year...but looks like 45 pieces; should have some nice offerings to vote on.

Always enjoyable to see the comic art greatness out there .

Gene - your WD cover is high on the list for me!

Gene - your WD cover is high on the list for me!

That one was a 2013 pick-up. :sorry:

exciting....I did not think I got much this year...but looks like 45 pieces; should have some nice offerings to vote on.

I bought 80 pieces and sold 18 pieces last year, so ended up with a net addition of 62 pieces (of which 15 were posted to CAF). :whatthe:

I expect that this has been asked and answered before, but I'll ask anyway: when posting art to my Lowry for the competition, is there any way to simply link to existing pieces in my gallery or do I have to create new posts (and upload the image again)?

Thx

Andrew

My year ended at least 80 pieces less than when I started, and I think my collection has never been better! Trying to swim upstream to a larger pool has left me a bit on the lean side, but still in good shape I think.

In fact, until November I probably bought about a dozen pieces compared to years past when I bought a dozen a month on average. The only downside to me is the missed thrill of opening art so often.

I posted about 140 pieces new pieces including a dozen from "How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way" (the book has about 60 more spreads with some level of original art). I sold/traded about 175 pieces this year (the year to thin down my collection (I tried)).

I posted about 140 pieces new pieces including a dozen from "How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way" (the book has about 60 more spreads with some level of original art). I sold/traded about 175 pieces this year ( the year go thin down my collection (well I tried).

Just think about what it would look like if you had not tried!

I sold two high-end covers this year that went to good homes (thanks again to Doc Joe and Chris Killackey).

I paid-off the rest of my mortgage (following an expensive house move in recent years) . . . finished-off the upgrade/re-decorating of my house and added a few items:

a2.jpg

An expensive Sound Leisure Manhatten CD jukebox

a1.jpg

Ceremonial uniform of the Irish Guards (I served in the regiment for 6 years, participating in the Trooping of The Colour in 1974, so always fancied having a (physical) reminder of a great period in my life). This is a mannequin, by the way . . .

Along the way I continued adding to my OA collection . . . but nowadays I'm no longer pursuing the big-ticket items (which is okay as I'm still discovering lots of new and exciting items that don't cost the earth).

Added 21 pieces to the collection this year, which is an above-average year for me. In terms of overall quality, it was my best year since 2010 -- and arguably my best year ever, with some historically significant additions.

Very nice . . . love that Jack Davis cartoon gag! :grin: