• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your goal for 2015 with comics?

106 posts in this topic

To focus my reading and collection to one title........ :)

While I'm not going to collect one title, I am going to collect just one property this year, Star Wars. My plans are to downsize my overall collection (15,000+ comics) and start focusing it on Star Wars comics, both foreign and domestic.

I also wanted to start a blog about Star Wars comics for collectors and got a head start on it:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping to add a new entry every couple of days if not more. :wishluck:

Your blog looks like it is going to be great. If you ever want to write an entry on Canadian Newsstand price variants, I would sure be happy to provide you info. It would also be super helpful to have a listing of limited edition variants from conventions and stores like Dynamic Forces.

hopefully I can get my hands on a hg Teen Titan #26 (1970) book Ive been looking for the past 2 years.

:busy:

whats so special about this book?

Special? Probably not to most people but it's the first app of Mal Duncan aka Vox aka Hornblower aka the Guardian aka the Herald. Also first black DC superhero.

My 2015 goal for comics in no particular order:

Complete Ms. Marvel Run

Acquire my first "Planet Comics"

Acquire some Schomburg covers

Acquire Hawkman #4

Get some more books Graded

Attend at least 3 Cons, Amazing AZ in February, Phoenix in May and SDCC in July

Complete New Cosplay outfits for me and the Mrs.

- Acquire more EC and pre-code horror books

- Find new homes for what's now out of my collecting focus

- Check out more estate/yard sales, auctions and cons

- Donate more books to charities and military organizations

- Have even more fun with this great community of funny book enthusiasts

Complete Iron Man vol 1 back to #60.

Complete Avengers vol 1 back to #5.

Complete FF vol 1 back to #53 (thanks to s[eculators that might be the best I do).

Find an affordable but presentable X-Men 94.

Sort out the collection in the cabinets and shelves.

Take pictures of man cave and post on here.

Get the rest of the collection bagged and boarded.

Read more.

To focus my reading and collection to one title........ :)

While I'm not going to collect one title, I am going to collect just one property this year, Star Wars. My plans are to downsize my overall collection (15,000+ comics) and start focusing it on Star Wars comics, both foreign and domestic.

I also wanted to start a blog about Star Wars comics for collectors and got a head start on it:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping to add a new entry every couple of days if not more. :wishluck:

Your blog looks like it is going to be great. If you ever want to write an entry on Canadian Newsstand price variants, I would sure be happy to provide you info. It would also be super helpful to have a listing of limited edition variants from conventions and stores like Dynamic Forces.

I'll definitely keep this in mind. Stay tuned! I do plan to put together a comprehensive list of the Dynamic Forces variants. I think it is long past time such a list exists.