• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your goal for 2015 with comics?

106 posts in this topic

Maybe make this the year where I start selling off some undercopies....

That may be the toughest one of all....

I have such a hard time with that believe it or not. When it comes to my ASM run, I have quite a few undercopies that I could sell. As of now I have no interest as I keep seeing that I could get more for them even waiting to do so for another year. Outside of upgrading an ASM1 or the other GA books I mentioned, there really isn't else that interests me that is obtainable. A Tec 27 is unobtainable as far as I am concerned.

So if I am going to sell off undercopies and in some cases, undercopies to my undercopies, I want as much back for them as possible.

My 2015 comic related goals:

- Rebag/board collection - with attention to grading and including my own grading notes with books,

- get more organized,

- work on refining my focus,

- be more patient with buying, selling, & people

- be more generous with my time and to others

- sell off nice items that don't fit focus/interest anymore

To focus my reading and collection to one title........ :)

While I'm not going to collect one title, I am going to collect just one property this year, Star Wars. My plans are to downsize my overall collection (15,000+ comics) and start focusing it on Star Wars comics, both foreign and domestic.

I also wanted to start a blog about Star Wars comics for collectors and got a head start on it:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping to add a new entry every couple of days if not more. :wishluck:

While I'm not going to collect one title, I am going to collect just one property this year, Star Wars. My plans are to downsize my overall collection (15,000+ comics) and start focusing it on Star Wars comics, both foreign and domestic.

I also wanted to start a blog about Star Wars comics for collectors and got a head start on it:

Seems interesting... I will be reading.

That sounds awesome (thumbs u

Star Wars is rich in history,lots to do.

Kind of what I would like to do with Walking Dead.

To read more than 2000 comics this time, not fall short by 200. This will be difficult, as I will have to get my local library branch to order more TPBs for me to read.

:D

-slym

That sounds cool.....do you mean 2000 different titles or 2000 issues of mult. titles?

Either way it sounds awesome.... (thumbs u

I'd also like to have a go at every chick in Revol's sig line :banana:

Totally comic related :insane:

:roflmao:

The blonde girl third pic from the left. Her hand is in a very suspicious location. I need to see and enlarged view as my eyes are bad. :insane:

To read more than 2000 comics this time, not fall short by 200. This will be difficult, as I will have to get my local library branch to order more TPBs for me to read.

:D

That sounds cool.....do you mean 2000 different titles or 2000 issues of mult. titles?

2000 issues. FTR, I read mostly TPBs now, but there are an average of 5-6 issues per trade, so I still count each one as multiple issues, since that is how they are formatted. Of course, there are a fe GNs thrown in, but no matter how lengthy they may be, they still only count as one issue.

I made it to just over 1800 this year, and I got somewhat of a late start!

Either way it sounds awesome.... (thumbs u

Thanks, man!

:)

-slym (needs to make one last update to his list in the "1000 comics/2014" thread)