• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your goal for 2015 with comics?

106 posts in this topic

Downsize my collection - I have too many boxes everywhere, I want to have a more focused collection. This doesn't mean I'll stop reading floppies, just that I want to stop accumulating everything I read. I don't really want to go digital, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do as of yet.

I've been meaning to do it for years, but hopefully this is the year that I finally find the time to read the horror / sci-fi EC library.

Find someone to sell me a copy of Invincible #1 in 9.8 :wishluck:

Good question.

I'm not sure the grails of X-Men #1 or GS X-Men #1 will be a 2015 endeavor as I may not have enough saved up.

That said, I'm thinking plugging holes in the collection may be best.

I need six late 200's issues of Conan to complete the full run. With the exception of #275, none are worth much hence hard to find at the big shows. But I'm hoping Chicago in April may help.

Upgrading my original store bought first three issues of DC Comics Presents to something higher grade. Getting some BA DC Special Series issues harkens back to my youth.

Completing the Grell run of Green Lantern from the 1970's.

More focus on World's Finest in the 200's.

X-Men Annuals 1 - 3

Who knows...

Over the past few years I really haven't bought much as my budget didn't allow it. Over the past few months my 13 year old is expressing interest in collecting comics again so we will be trying to build on our collection. We are still on a fairly tight collecting budget so most will be reading copies but thats better than nothing. We will be adding to some first app, Scooby Doo gold key, ASM, Batman, Usagi Yojimbo, DD and any other cool reads we can find at good prices.

Start my collection from scratch. I sold most of it in the past few years only keeping what I wanted to read (mainly collected editions). This year I'm hoping to keep adding to my personal Library while buying some horror books I always wanted to own (mainly for the covers).

For those of you vowing to read more, you should come over to the "1000 comics in 2015" thread, if you already aren't, and list out what you're reading as you go along. Even if you don't hit 1000, it's always interesting to see what others are reading!

(thumbs u

-slym

Goals:

1) Finish off my Superman related comic runs from 1980 up to current.

2) Get an OOAW 83 and/or other DC war keys.

3) Keep working on my DC War runs.

4) Finish organizing my collection.

5) Read 1,000 comics (did about 750 in 2014).

I think that's my main goal for this year - to not buy a single comic.

I have to stop going into the "What's hot/heating up" threads. I really go there to see what I might have that's heating up, but it always turned out differently last year...

:eek:

-slym

My 2015 comic resolutions

• Continue to cherry-pick undergrounds
  • Curate Spawn collection, complete #1-170 plus keys
  • Low grade readers of Strange Tales #151-168, Sterenko run
  • Attend Wizard World Chicago- buy a Silver Age key
  • prep eBay auctions for under copies & R. Crumb stuff after the release of the 2015 underground comix guide

Easy!

1) Write the full first issue to one of my latest comic series (and storyboard it out)

2) Sell the following key issues to help fund my comic project art & printing (blatant self promotion for future sales)

• Marvel Mystery Comics #10 CGC 4.0 qualified
  • Showcase #22 CGC 1.0
  • Giant Size X-Men #1 CGC 8.0
  • Miracleman #15 CGC 9.6
  • Marvel Premier #47 CGC 9.2
  • Amazing Spider-Man #6 CGC 5.0 restored SS

3) Reduce my physical collection of (donate, give away) all the drek sitting in storage at my parents farm (about 3 long boxes).

4) Learn more and take my comic restoration / conservation skills to the next level (perfect my pressing and hopefully improve my CT skills)

Now that I think about it have zero interest in buying any other back issues (other than for conservation experiments or if they are a super good deal, obviously) so plan on buying nothing other than a few new digital trades / issues (squirrel girl, prophet)

My 2015 comic related goals:

- Rebag/board collection - with attention to grading and including my own grading notes with books,

- get more organized,

- work on refining my focus,

- be more patient with buying, selling, & people

- be more generous with my time and to others

- sell off nice items that don't fit focus/interest anymore

Love your goals – would love to make them mine as well! (thumbs u