• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's been 50 YEARS...show us your books from 1965!

231 posts in this topic

I turned 14 in January 1965. It was my true "Golden Age". Looking at all these covers again brings back a flood of memories so profoundly meaningful that it's hard to explain.

Thanks everyone.

I turned 14 in January 1965. It was my true "Golden Age". Looking at all these covers again brings back a flood of memories so profoundly meaningful that it's hard to explain.

Thanks everyone.

....only two things will do this to me..... comics and music. And this time period..... for me 1965 to 1968..... the music and the comics intersect in a way in which each makes me think of the other. I can see a Marvel "Pop Art Production" and almost hear Petula Clark, the Supremes, The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, the Turtles...... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 20 – 31

FANTASTIC FOUR 34 – 45

Man! These annual threads start out so cool it's scary.

:o (thumbs u

I now wish we'd started out a few years earlier in the late fifties though. I would have loved to see the Atlas War, Westerns and pre-hero Marvels from you fellows.

:(

I literally picked this book up when I got an email reminder on my cell phone on the highway in a rain storm...pulled over to the nearest Staples so I can use their wifi to bid on the auction before it ended with minutes to spare..lol. I dont think I ever saw another one in this grade or PQ since. This book very rarely ever shows up... if at all.

Lobo1F_zps6a9e44ef.jpg

I literally picked this book up when I got an email reminder on my cell phone on the highway in a rain storm...pulled over to the nearest Staples so I can us their wifi to bid on the auction before it ended with minutes to spare..lol. I dont think I ever saw another one in this grade or PQ since. This book very rarely ever shows up... if at all.

Lobo1F_zps6a9e44ef.jpg

:applause: