• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's been 50 YEARS...show us your books from 1965!

231 posts in this topic

Not only was this cover dated 1965, it's also one of my favorite FF stories and it was purchased from a cool neighborhood store called "Sid's Luncheonette" :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF35SL.jpg

Not only was this cover dated 1965, it's also one of my favorite FF stories and it was purchased from a cool neighborhood store called "Sid's Luncheonette"

FF35SL.jpg

Wow! Did you know Harry Banks (Burntboy) who assembled the Sid's Luncheonette collection?

Do you have any other memories of Sid's Luncheonette you can share? What other items did you purchase at Sid's? Did you eat at the lunch counter?

???

Not only was this cover dated 1965, it's also one of my favorite FF stories and it was purchased from a cool neighborhood store called "Sid's Luncheonette"

FF35SL.jpg

Wow! Did you know Harry Banks (Burntboy) who assembled the Sid's Luncheonette collection?

Do you have any other memories of Sid's Luncheonette you can share? What other items did you purchase at Sid's? Did you eat at the lunch counter?

???

....This was Harry's copy, Hep. I've never been to Sid's, but purchased several of Harry's books during his first big sale. I never should have sold the JIM 85 or the Avengers 4....... but this FF 35 is raw and will most likely never grace one of my sales threads, it's a permanent keeper. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Harry had some amazingly nice Mystery in Space comics:

MIS74cgc.jpg

MIS76cgc.jpg

Did you get any of those as well? Or any scarce Archies or Charltons?

???

One thing's for sure though, the Sid's Luncheonette collection has the coolest name of them all!

:whee: