• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMIC'S SEAL OF APPROVAL"

71 posts in this topic

Ian, I'm rooting for you to complete the collection, whichever definition of 'complete' you choose to apply. And I appreciate your candor on these boards.

But why would you even proffer a price range on this promo? You know there are people on these boards who take delight in giving you hell... why intimate that they would likely be very safe in bidding this book up to 3x guide without running any risk of ending up as the owner?

You might get this for 2x or 3x guide - but not if you are so forthcoming with your price range...

You didn't need this thread for us to think that of you.

I thought you'd turned over a new leaf.

I WONDERED HOW LONG IT WOULD LAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe in collecting leaves. They make too much of a mess. Plus all those variant leaves and promo leaves just aren't worth it. Although I hear there is a grading service that will grade your leaves. foreheadslap.gif

from the Heritage site:

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!

And right now it is for sale !!!!!!! How come no-one told me previously, before I made an insufficiently_thoughtful_person of myself with this thread ?????

You didn't need this thread for us to think that of you.

...OOH!!,...OOHH!!,...PICK ME!!!....PICK ME!!!,......I know this one!!!

If it goes over a thousand bucks, I will pass on it and hope another eventually materialises.

If I bid $1001...you promise not to outbid me?

If you bid $1001 for this "phamphlet" , I hope you win it. screwy.gif

My days of being bled dry are OVER.

You only need one more book.

Might as well bleed and get it over with.

I have a feeling you enjoy the "incompleteness" of your collection. yeahok.gif

You only need one more book.

Might as well bleed and get it over with.

I have a feeling you enjoy the "incompleteness" of your collection.

No but I turned down the New Adventure 26 because I thought the price was sick and we all have to draw a line somewhere.

Now as for this four page pamphlet, I would dearly love it, but it won't make my collection complete when it's just another of the number of promos that I also still need.

If it goes over a thousand bucks, I will pass on it and hope another eventually materialises.

If I bid $1001...you promise not to outbid me?

If you bid $1001 for this "phamphlet" , I hope you win it. screwy.gif

If I was screwy.gif enough to actually bid over $1000 for it, I would deserve to.... insane.gif

Thanks, seems the problem may be cuz I'm running IE on a Mac.

from the Heritage site:

code2.jpg

"We can't show one pirate stabbing another, just because Stevenson wrote it!"

Yeah, maybe we can redraw it so they're kissing instead!! Will that violate the code??

27_laughing.gif

Has anyone ever seen a Comic seal for Sale?

That,I think,would be quite a piece to add to a collection.

Were they added to the covers at the printers or prior?

I visited the offices of the CCA in 1974,but can't remember how they were affixed. Was just freaked out by the fact that only expectent mothers were allowed to work there.

I visited the offices of the CCA in 1974,but can't remember how they were affixed. Was just freaked out by the fact that only expectent mothers were allowed to work there.

...are you sheeting me?..... blush.gif.....that is soooo 1950's Mcarthy-creepy..... 893whatthe.gif

from the Heritage site:

They could of at least straighten the book out. Its on a bad angle in that holder. Looks like it doesn't have a inner well. Probably because of its size.

Hey Ian! I'll check and see if I still have this four pager.

...are you sheeting me?..... blush.gif.....that is soooo 1950's Mcarthy-creepy..... 893whatthe.gif

According to Bill Gaines, the folks who did the approval for the Code in the fifties were little old ladies who would be offended by anything.

Why - DID you genuinely have one ????

I think I told you this before. But if I didn't, here goes.

Before there was a OS price guide.

Before people were putting thier comics in poly bags.

Around the time when comics were getting popular again thanks to MARVEL.

I had what was thought to be the biggest collection of comics. Every known comic at the time. DC's, Atlas/Marvel's, Charlton's, Archies, Classics, Dell's. You name it, I had it. Even made the TV news and some of the papers back then.

But in all reality there were a lot of missing books. Ya gotta remember this was before OS. So a lot of books were not known to me. But that didn't stop reporters. They did a story on my collection anyway. Coinsidently; the same reporter, Jack Jones, came to my girlfriend's (wife to be) house years later to cover a story of a chick hatching from a store bought egg. (story for another time)

But to answer your question. Yes I had the book. Can't find it right now I'm at work.

BTW; do you have HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER comic. It might be a DC same like the CODE one. A four pager. It was given away way back when the old movie was at the shows. I'll see if I can find that one to.