• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL FILMS WORST MOVIE TO DATE? (not Sony/Fox)

107 posts in this topic

I stand by Nick Fury as the worst.

But Punisher War Zone was, in fact, a Marvel Studios movie. And it was _wretched_.

+1

Was it, though? I'm just asking.

Punisher: War Zone IMDb

--------------------

Production Companies:

Lionsgate (presents)

Marvel Knights

Marvel Studios (in association with)

Valhalla Motion Pictures

MHF Zweite Academy Film

SGF Entertainment (in association with)

Marvel Enterprises (uncredited)

Red Corner Productions (uncredited)

--------------------

If Lionsgate makes the movie, and Marvel Studios is listed as 'in association with' does that mean Marvel had creative control?

And that is not to say Marvel can't make a stinker (e.g. The Incredible Hulk) or more. I'm just not sure if they drove the train on this one.

Punisher War Zone is terrible but is still entertaining because it is so bad.

lol

Oh, I agree. But was it really a Marvel Studios film or a Lionsgate production with Marvel 'executive producing' like with the Amazing Spider-Man franchise? I watched ASM the other day, and noticed Stan Lee and Kevin Feige both listed as executive producers.

Punisher War Zone is terrible but is still entertaining because it is so bad.

lol

Oh, I agree. But was it really a Marvel Studios film or a Lionsgate production with Marvel 'executive producing' like with the Amazing Spider-Man franchise? I watched ASM the other day, and noticed Stan Lee and Kevin Feige both listed as executive producers.

That I don't know.

I tend not to think of it as a Marvel movie.

Guys, the OP asked for Marvel made movies, not Marvel licensed movies.

Here's a list of the Marvel Made movies to date:

1 Phase One: Avengers Assembled

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.2 The Incredible Hulk (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

1.5 Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

1.6 Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

2.2 Thor: The Dark World (2013)

2.3 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

2.4 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

So for me its a toss up between Incredible Hulk (2008 with Ed Norton) or Iron Man 3. I'd have to say, after deliberation, Incredible Hulk is my choice, as I kind of liked the spin on The Mandarin just being a facade villain.

The Incredible Hulk is OK until you get to the final fight scene - which is an abomination.

I hated the idea that the Hulk needs to use car doors as shields. He's the friggin' Hulk. :sumo:

The Incredible Hulk is OK until you get to the final fight scene - which is an abomination.

+ 1

Even the first movie, which I rewatched recently, is bearable until the big fight scene with Nick 'Absorbing Man' Nolte. Ang Lee's photography style of making it appear as if you are watching a live comic book play out is unique and kind of interesting as well.

Between Nolte's character and the Hulk Hounds, that's what really killed that movie.

'The Incredible Hulk' could have made up for this. I'm not sure how Ed Norton got worked into writing the -script for that movie.

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

So for me its a toss up between Incredible Hulk (2008 with Ed Norton) or Iron Man 3. I'd have to say, after deliberation, Incredible Hulk is my choice, as I kind of liked the spin on The Mandarin just being a facade villain.

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

No. Punisher War Zone was produced by Marvel Studios & has the Marvel logo all over it. Yes, in conjunction with Lionsgate, but it counts.

To say otherwise is like saying the dark knight rises isn't a true dc film because it was co-produced with Syncopy -- not just Warner Bros.

Ditto, Big Hero 6 counts as a legit Marvel Studios movie. It's even got the post-credits Stan Lee cameo -- and credits Jeph Loeb (& I believe Claremont) for story elements.

No. Punisher War Zone was produced by Marvel Studios & has the Marvel logo all over it. Yes, in conjunction with Lionsgate, but it counts.

To say otherwise is like saying the dark knight rises isn't a true dc film because it was co-produced with Syncopy -- not just Warner Bros.

Ditto, Big Hero 6 counts as a legit Marvel Studios movie. It's even got the post-credits Stan Lee cameo -- and credits Jeph Loeb (& I believe Claremont) for story elements.

The question about 'Punisher War Zone' was because Marvel Studios doesn't seem to claim creative control of the movie. Marvel didn't even have the film rights back until 2011.

Marvel gets Blade and The Punisher screen rights back, more movies coming? (7/25/2011)

So I wasn't sure how much it was driving the train on that one.

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

I disagree.

+ 1

Even the first movie, which I rewatched recently, is bearable until the big fight scene with Nick 'Absorbing Man' Nolte. Ang Lee's photography style of making it appear as if you are watching a live comic book play out is unique and kind of interesting as well.

Between Nolte's character and the Hulk Hounds, that's what really killed that movie.

'The Incredible Hulk' could have made up for this. I'm not sure how Ed Norton got worked into writing the -script for that movie.

Ed Norton writes, or rewrites, the -script for just about everything he does now, doesn't he? It was reportedly his -script issues that led to the recasting rather than anything else.

Ed Norton writes, or rewrites, the -script for just about everything he does now, doesn't he? It was reportedly his -script issues that led to the recasting rather than anything else.

Yeah, I remember when that article came out that he was not going to be in The Avengers. Marvel hinted at him not being a 'team player', and Norton stated something like he didn't want to be locked into a role.

Gotta love movie productions.

(:

1.1 Iron Man (2008)

1.3 Iron Man 2 (2010)

1.4 Thor (2011)

2 Phase Two

2.1 Iron Man 3 (2013)

Correct this is what I meant