• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Can anybody help me out with these? They are about 2-1/2" x 4". Printed on thin glossy stock. They have a "bio" on back of each saying where to read the character's stories. I have #1-31 missing about a dozen. I pick them up when I can find them. I recently got some from ebay. I don't know where they came from. I thought maybe cut out of a comic book but have no Fawcetts that feature them on the covers. Anybody know anything about them?

fawcettcharactercards_zpsn6avbinb.jpg

22567733657_81d8843b9d_b.jpg

I think this is the back cover for Captain Marvel 19. My copy has a nice front cover but someone liked the cards. :frustrated:

9125558915_d0e8176188_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Picked up these recently. Wish they came with the beautiful original box...

caprmarvelcars1_zpskldqfm7j.jpg

caprmarvelcars2_zpssosdtb7f.jpg

Hake's, Bob? I was watching that lot...

Nope, they turned up at a VERY friendly price at a doll show last weekend. I went for my wife to be a good guy and an older lady had them on her table mixed in with dolls. Probably the only real toys in the place. I was floored and happily grabbed my wallet. She thought they were from the '60's but I knew better.

Can anybody help me out with these? They are about 2-1/2" x 4". Printed on thin glossy stock. They have a "bio" on back of each saying where to read the character's stories. I have #1-31 missing about a dozen. I pick them up when I can find them. I recently got some from ebay. I don't know where they came from. I thought maybe cut out of a comic book but have no Fawcetts that feature them on the covers. Anybody know anything about them?

As sometimes happens with big plans, things change. As it turns out, card numbers 17, 19, 20, 21, 25, 27, 29, and 30 were never published. So you had most of them and only need #11 from issue #18, and 12 and 13 from issue #25 to complete the set. The cards were all published on the back cover of Captain Marvel Adventures #15-26. Somebody must have liked them, because beginning with issue #76, two cards were published on interior pages, usually of the same character. These cards were smaller and on inferior paper. I know they were published at least through issue #86, but they were less interesting to me so I didn't check any further.

As sometimes happens with big plans, things change. As it turns out, card numbers 17, 19, 20, 21, 25, 27, 29, and 30 were never published. So you had most of them and only need #11 from issue #18, and 12 and 13 from issue #25 to complete the set. The cards were all published on the back cover of Captain Marvel Adventures #15-26. Somebody must have liked them, because beginning with issue #76, two cards were published on interior pages, usually of the same character. These cards were smaller and on inferior paper. I know they were published at least through issue #86, but they were less interesting to me so I didn't check any further.

Many thanks Rich. That REALLY makes a difference. It is an interesting set that I would love to complete if I can.

Picked up these recently. Wish they came with the beautiful original box...

caprmarvelcars1_zpskldqfm7j.jpg

caprmarvelcars2_zpssosdtb7f.jpg

Hake's, Bob? I was watching that lot...

Nope, they turned up at a VERY friendly price at a doll show last weekend. I went for my wife to be a good guy and an older lady had them on her table mixed in with dolls. Probably the only real toys in the place. I was floored and happily grabbed my wallet. She thought they were from the '60's but I knew better.

You're a lucky man. I have car # 1 and a key...

Many thanks Rich. That REALLY makes a difference. It is an interesting set that I would love to complete if I can.

Cards are also on the back of Spy Smasher 7 and Whiz 35 but they are cards you already have.

Never had any comics with COMIX CARDS on the cover...but do have quite a few with them

on the interior pages. I don't believe I ever cut any of these out of my books...but I'll have to look.

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2863/13451035123_84823e28d4_z.jpg' alt='13451035123_84823e28d4_z.jpg'>IMG COMIX CARDS FROM NYOKA #22

mm