• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

One of my favorite toys. This is the Marx "Hootin Holler Haunted House". Made around 1962. This large, cool battery operated toy has about a dozen functions. It shakes, lights up, makes spooky noises, skeleton pops out of chimney, door opens with a witch and many more features. Paid quite a bit but worth every penny. So hard to find working and complete.

marxhauntedhouse1_zps647dvzpl.jpg

marxhauntedhouse2_zpsyj4d6fnw.jpg

Most memorable?as a kid,or as an adult,teen.

I saw someone die on Halloween..i'll pm you.

But....after the pc crashing twice,I did it..as promised,my earliest Halloweiner cover....

Beat,but it is mine...

67f968f1-9610-4ac6-b67a-59a89b2d848f_zpskcage1xe.jpg

Cool early Halloween book! And when I asked for Halloween experiences I was thinking a little lighter ones. Although certainly memorable, I'll pass on a Halloween death...

Why yes I have. I believe I have 2 different versions of it. I believe it was given to kids that went to the movie serials in the 1930's. You got to watch for repros though. The original has a straight pin just soldered to the back with a single loop catch at top. The repros have a metal flange that goes over the pin to reinforce it and the catch at top has a double wire loop to hold it closed. Yours is nice and appears to be an original. I can't reccomend the Hakes Guide to Toys and Premiums enough. It is a huge fat book loaded with pictures and info to the stuff I have shown here.

If there is any interest, I can do a Tracy feature here. Got lots of premiums and a few cool toys like this:

dicktracygun_zpsm3yd6nvj.jpg

Can anybody help me out with these? They are about 2-1/2" x 4". Printed on thin glossy stock. They have a "bio" on back of each saying where to read the character's stories. I have #1-31 missing about a dozen. I pick them up when I can find them. I recently got some from ebay. I don't know where they came from. I thought maybe cut out of a comic book but have no Fawcetts that feature them on the covers. Anybody know anything about them?

fawcettcharactercards_zpsn6avbinb.jpg