• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Got a PM request to post this toy again. Seems there are more Bugs Bunny collectors out there than I would have thought. Here you go Paul, enjoy!

bugsbunny_zpsb0760b9c.jpg

I'm not surprised. Never gets old. Only can you post it just one more time in the Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes thread when time permits?

I love Matt Baker. Along with Schomburg, Frazetta and Wood he is one of my favorite GA artists.

A little while back I was asked about posting some non-romance Matt Baker books. In part one I posted a bunch of his crime work. Today, in part two, I will feature some more misc genres.

Although, the content on most St. Johns is real weak, the Baker art really elevates these otherwise mundane books.

Here are some of Baker's nice horror covers: (Love the Creature of the Black Lagoon guys on this one)

comamazinghoststories14_zpsjpczp4iu.jpg

Since the movie Creature of the Black Lagoon was released on March 5, 1954, and Amazing Ghost Stories #14 has an October 1954 cover date (and was probably on stands as of August), Baker must have drawn this cover right after the movie came out.

Ran across this Program Schedule tucked away in my comics. Picked it up while

working at the station after school. It promotes a very popular at the time...and

long forgotten radio program for kids, "BIG JON AND SPARKIE".

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/9611114510_bb4a46023c_z.jpg' alt='9611114510_bb4a46023c_z.jpg'>IMG PROGRAM SCHEDULE WARM

mm

Edited by Marty Mann