• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Winter Quarterly.

51 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]Alas, my poor jest fell flatter than a forgotten can of open beer over in Straw-Man's thread. :cry:

But thinking it over, I realized there oughta be a way to do one or more threads covering Quarterlies.

:idea:

The best way would be to start a Winter thread now, Spring thread in March, Summer thread in June & Fall thread in September or later.

If you have more than one quarterly favorite from the current season, ranking them is allowed up to a maximum of three books.

Sound OK? hm

I'll start this off with a real Winter Winner, the last issue of it's stellar run...[/font]

27feaf1b-8331-4386-95ac-43a8ab9772b8_zpst2zlfxpz.jpg

I haven't decided whether to post second and third favorites.

2 very pretty books thus far gentlemen!! Here is the only Winter issue I could scrounge up...A neat little Harvey and the last issue of the run...

15254725918_e331993ca0_b.jpg

Told you before Gino, and I'll tell you again: Love that book!

:applause:

Here's one from the brief period when Max Gaines was publishing under the "All-American Publications" banner (i.e., after he officially parted ways with DC, but had not yet officially established EC)...actually, I think the "D.C. Comics" reference on the CGC label is inaccurate...I don't think DC held any copyrights on these titles during this period (note the All-American cover logo)...although I think Max sold this back to DC after EC started ...it was apparently a complicated transition hm ...

Anyway...I like it:

muttjeff16_f_zps2c7a448b.jpg