• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saga of the Swamp Thing Hardcovers

37 posts in this topic

Thanks for the response.

When you say OOP, you mean it isn't reprinted anymore in any format?

Unlike Sandman, which might have classic first printing hardcovers, but its stories are constantly reprinted in SC, HC, Omnibus, Absolute, etc?

Those are still available in soft cover but both Marvel and DC seem to stop producing the HCs as soon as the TPBs are available. It's irritating if you miss something in HC on release b/c your only method of finding it (via retail) is the old fashioned way - hit a bunch of local comic shops and see who still has one on the shelf.

(Or see if you can find one on these boards!)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=swamp+thing+hardcover&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

book 4 sold for $69 on ebay in vg condition.

That's a spicy meatball.

Worth every penny though.

I bought these when they originally came out as I heard great things about the stories but never read them before.

After reading the whole set, I can understand why everyone talks about how great this run is. I lucked out getting them when I did.

I read the run again a short while back. Consistently excellent gothic horror.

After I finished my set, I kept running into available copies of the two volumes that I had originally had trouble finding lol

Maybe there were new printings, or maybe that's just how the world works, but it's a nice set of hardcovers all things considered, and they look nice on the shelf.

Also, there's a nice surprise under the dust jacket of the first volume - it's a shame they didn't continue this on the other four volumes with different art work.

x1EZ7rvl.jpg

After I finished my set, I kept running into available copies of the two volumes that I had originally had trouble finding lol

Maybe there were new printings, or maybe that's just how the world works, but it's a nice set of hardcovers all things considered, and they look nice on the shelf.

Also, there's a nice surprise under the dust jacket of the first volume - it's a shame they didn't continue this on the other four volumes with different art work.

x1EZ7rvl.jpg

im torn between getting these HCs or a nice run of the individual books #20-60 roughly?

This thread almost makes me want to hunt down the hardbacks, I have all the soft covers.

I'm still missing one or two of the later ones, but I checked within the last month or so and it seems like prices on the HC's have gotten a little more reasonable, so this might not be a bad time to upgrade. Are the softcovers also on the newsprint-like paper? That's one thing I really love about the HC's is that they still present the interiors like the original format.