• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: How many of you have used Yahoo Auctions?

Have you used Yahoo Auctions in the past year?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Yahoo Auctions in the past year?

10 posts in this topic

With all of this talk about eBay increasing their fees, I am curious how many of you have tested the waters over at Yahoo. Checked this morning and out of 6631 comic listings, only 303 (4.6%) have bids, and 57 (less than 1%) have more than 1 bid.

Are we all resigned to letting eBay drive our market, or will alternatives like Yahoo ever catch on?

I occasionally, maybe 3 or 4 times, have gone over to check and see what there is to see on Yahoo Auctions. They never have much of anything. I'd love to see another auction house give eBay some sort of real competition.

i've looked at yahoo auctions, but never purchased anything via the tool.

my alternative to ebay is bidville. obviously it's not as big but at least the sellers have yet to start raping on shipping fees.

I haven't bought there since 2000. I bought a big Daredevil collection from there before I ever bought from ebay.

I don't know if they've changed this yet, but back then, it was free to list there. That's a BIG mistake--people kept listing the same cheap, overgraded [#@$%!!!] for exorbitant prices over and over and over again. There's nothing like a stiff listing fee to inspire one to run the best auction you can muster... blush.gif

I browsed Yahoo Auctions once very long ago...I think it will be sometime (like forever) before eBay is taken down. Maybe if someone comes up with a dynamic and totally new auction engine and doesn't charge out the wazoo to use it!

I use Yahoo now and then. Selling there (raw) has its ups and downs. Once, I tried an experiment, 25 items on Ebay, 25 on Yahoo. Whatever didn't sell, switch to the other venue. Surprisingly it came out only about 60/40 in favor of Ebay, both in terms of dollars and items sold. Yahoo was almost as good. Haven't sold there in awhile though. As I recall it wasn't free (did that happen recently?) but it was really, really, cheap.

Buying on Yahoo can produce surprising results. The variety isn't there, and you won't find much high dollar/rare material, but you can get quality Silver and sometimes Gold for way under guide if you're patient.