• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first OS guide

106 posts in this topic

sleeping.gif
You can change your avatar and sig now! cloud9.gif

I know, but I like 'em. tongue.gif

Probably change them tomorrow when I go to work. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Because they are doing so well at the moment? They'll get a dose of reality when they play a real team on the road! yay.gif

frown.gif Sadly, I have to agree. They haven't played well all year, and the ACC is just way too stacked. Wake and your boys are so strong, and Tech has basically the same team that played in the title game. Duke is Duke. And with Julius Hodge playing in what has to be his 10th season, NC State is pretty good too. tongue.gif

Plus, we lost Strawberry for the season earlier this week. He was our best defender. frown.gif

You guys need to follow a real basketball team. Like my alma mater ... Virginia.

foreheadslap.gif

The last place in the ACC Virginia Cavaliers? yeahok.gif

At least I can follow two good teams. My alma mater the Oklahoma Sooners and my current school, the Oklahoma State Cowboys. yay.gif

sleeping.gif

Because they are doing so well at the moment? They'll get a dose of reality when they play a real team on the road! yay.gif

frown.gif Sadly, I have to agree. They haven't played well all year, and the ACC is just way too stacked. Wake and your boys are so strong, and Tech has basically the same team that played in the title game. Duke is Duke. And with Julius Hodge playing in what has to be his 10th season, NC State is pretty good too. tongue.gif

Plus, we lost Strawberry for the season earlier this week. He was our best defender. frown.gif

You guys need to follow a real basketball team. Like my alma mater ... Virginia.

foreheadslap.gif

At least I can follow two good teams. My alma mater the Oklahoma Sooners and my current school, the Oklahoma State Cowboys. yay.gif

It's called sarcasm.

Here -> Here

sleeping.gif

foreheadslap.gif

It's called sarcasm.

Here -> Here

FACT: Sarcasm is not as easily detected when typed, due to the lack of voice inflection. makepoint.gif

Now that football season is over, the center of the universe is again in its correct position:

TOBACCO ROAD, NORTH CAROLINA

As a Tarheel fan, it is good to see the basketball season in full swing. Does OU and OKS play basketball? poke2.gif

JamesOn Curry is playing well for the cowboys. We go to wrestling tournament at the high school he played at, and I always kinda keep an eye on him to see how he is doing. Should have gone to UNC, but he got in a little trouble, and the rest is history.

Most of the time when you read something somewhere else that offers the same exact info as the Guide, it's usually because it's been taken *from* the Guide. Sometimes that's with permission, but there are pleny of occasions when I discover sources that just helped themselves to the material.

Arnold

Most of the time when you read something somewhere else that offers the same exact info as the Guide, it's usually because it's been taken *from* the Guide. Sometimes that's with permission, but there are pleny of occasions when I discover sources that just helped themselves to the material.

Arnold

Get A Rope.

Arnold

Yeah, I realize that. But with or without permission, I'm sorry to say that it's still there available to me without actually having to spend money for the Guide. Maybe I'll check out the 2005 edition, and if there's something else in there that catches my eye I'll have a much better opinion of it.

Arnold

Yeah, I realize that. But with or without permission, I'm sorry to say that it's still there available to me without actually having to spend money for the Guide.

Which is exactly why publishers don't want their copyright material used without permission.

I can't wait till the new guide comes out. I'm usually first in line at my LCS on release day, as I can't wait to shell over my money for my very own copy.

Arnold

Yeah, I realize that. But with or without permission, I'm sorry to say that it's still there available to me without actually having to spend money for the Guide.

Which is exactly why publishers don't want their copyright material used without permission.

I can't wait till the new guide comes out. I'm usually first in line at my LCS on release day, as I can't wait to shell over my money for my very own copy.

The 35th hardbound is out already, right ? Or am I confusing it with something else ? My LCS has a red hardbound price guide for sale that just came out ....

Bootleg? Why not? As earlier posts have made clear, most of the Guide has been spread all over the Internet anyway. And since it's available all over, clearly the book itself is irrelevant. Time to close up shop.

laugh.gif

I believe the only reproductions I've seen are on Heritage Comics, and I'm sure they must have been given permission to post the comic grading section word for word. confused-smiley-013.gif

I was also kidding a bit. smile.gif However, advisors and authorized parties excluded, I've actually seen countless websites use the old glossary, huge chunks if not all of the informational front matter, and occasionally entire consistent price lists straight out of the Guide. Amazing what some people think they're entitled to.