• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to my LCS today.

33 posts in this topic

It was in 8.5, real nice book. I bought all mine off the wall today. He let me have it for $25 since I bought three others off the wall. He had it tabbed for $28.

Ouch. Joe Koch has them in quantity on ebay for $12.49

VF/NM copies

I bought one and he sent me two that are both actually 9.6s. The first copy I bought that he sent to me was jacked up, so I returned it and he sent me two superb copies to make up for it.

There were huge remainder batches of this issue. They are available in quantity in high grade. frown.gif

$28 for Avengers Annual #10?!? Mile High has them on sale for $9!!

Once again, Chuck most likely bought a box of returns, never said it was a steal. Plus I don't flip books,and this one's going in the personel collection for a long while.

Sorry, CC. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade -- just wanted you to know where to get a cheap copy if you want one in NM or better. thumbsup2.gif As long as you are happy with your purchase, that's all that counts.

Well the shipping makes it $17.50, so I paid $7.50 more..I can take that, plus I believe in supporting my LCS. Hell sometimes I just stop by and we'll talk comics for an hour.

True, but that's only if you buy one book. Koch charges a flat rate of $5.00 to ship as many books as you buy. Take a look through some of the stuff he has and I'm sure you'll find at least a few things to buy. The best part about Koch is that his uncirculated copies really are uncirculated and most are solid NM or better. And if you're not happy with the condition of the books you get, he has a real, no-hassle returns policy. Just send the books back and tell him what is wrong with them, and he'll have his staff pull replacement copies and double-check the grading to make sure you're happy.

Well the shipping makes it $17.50, so I paid $7.50 more..I can take that, plus I believe in supporting my LCS. Hell sometimes I just stop by and we'll talk comics for an hour.

True, but that's only if you buy one book. Koch charges a flat rate of $5.00 to ship as many books as you buy. Take a look through some of the stuff he has and I'm sure you'll find at least a few things to buy. The best part about Koch is that his uncirculated copies really are uncirculated and most are solid NM or better. And if you're not happy with the condition of the books you get, he has a real, no-hassle returns policy. Just send the books back and tell him what is wrong with them, and he'll have his staff pull replacement copies and double-check the grading to make sure you're happy.

Stop telling people about Koch! sumo.gif

makepoint.gif

Stop telling people about Koch! sumo.gif

makepoint.gif

Did I say Koch? I meant Comic-Keys! foreheadslap.gif