• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's fill a short box full of Moderns?

55 posts in this topic

Could on e be filled now that we have only 1992 to the present?

We would have to have Youngblood #1 since it starts the age, what are some others?

Youngblood #1

Superman #73

How bout some more, one's worthy of a MA #1 and keys?

Could on e be filled now that we have only 1992 to the present?

We would have to have Youngblood #1 since it starts the age, what are some others?

Youngblood #1

Superman #73

How bout some more, one's worthy of a MA #1 and keys?

Its hard to decifer but I think he's saying that if we pick the best comics from 1992 - 2005 can a short box box be filled. Meaning that there was so much garbage, what modern comics were actually good. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks Wolverine, was nearly wiped out last night aftert taking the wife and two daughters to the mall for a shopping trip, but yes, is there enough quality books since 1992(not everyone produced!!!) to fill even a short box, I don't think so.

Its hard to decifer but I think he's saying that if we pick the best comics from 1992 - 2005 can a short box box be filled. Meaning that there was so much garbage, what modern comics were actually good. confused-smiley-013.gif

LOEG V1

LOEG V2

Both the ELLIS and MILLAR Authority runs

James Robison's Starman run (75+ issus)

Peter David's Hulk run

Y the last man

Hellboy

100 Bullets

Bone

From Hell

Planetary

Top Ten

Loki

Waid's run on The Fantastic Four

Astro City

Priest's Black Panther

JSA

Lucifer

Sandman Mystery Theater

The Ultimates

Supreme Power....

Which makes what...750 - 1000 comics ?? And all from memory....so I wouldn't see things too bleakly

cool.gif

30 Days of Night, Vol. 1, #1 (1st Print)

Ultimate Spidey (I think Chrom was including this when he said "The Ultimates")

Strangers in Paradise Vol. 1 (I can't recall the exact years, so this one might just miss the cut, but I'm not sure)

Ultimate Spidey (I think Chrom was including this when he said "The Ultimates")

No, I wasn't ....NEWBIE makepoint.gif

When I said "The Ultimates" I meant....The Ultimates

USM I liked for the first 4 years....now it's turned old fast....

but I guess you are right, shoulda included USM 1-50 or something (and the first 2 UFF issues 27_laughing.gif)

I wouldn't put Batman #608 in that box. I know it's Lee on Batman, but doesn't everybody have this book? I sold my 9.8 for $25. Hardly a "key" type price.

Agree w/ Khurst that UXM #1 should be added.

I don't think we can include RRP (or whatever anybody wants to call them) or sketch variants. Think of them on the same level as the Spider-Man #1 Platinum.

Maybe add Hulk #34 (1st Jones?) to the list if you're going w/ "hot" books (which is where this list seems to be headed).

I wouldn't put Batman #608 in that box. I know it's Lee on Batman, but doesn't everybody have this book? I sold my 9.8 for $25. Hardly a "key" type price.

Agree w/ Khurst that UXM #1 should be added.

I don't think we can include RRP (or whatever anybody wants to call them) or sketch variants. Think of them on the same level as the Spider-Man #1 Platinum.

Maybe add Hulk #34 (1st Jones?) to the list if you're going w/ "hot" books (which is where this list seems to be headed).

Batman 608 is what? 1 1/2 years old? You can't expect it to be worth a key amount after that short time. Give it 10 years.

Batman 608 is what? 1 1/2 years old? You can't expect it to be worth a key amount after that short time. Give it 10 years.

In ten years, it'll be $10. $20 tops, and that's being really generous.

Nothing "important" happened in the Hush story (other than the Lee art). As Aman said, it was entertaining, but not "key worthy".

Spider-Man #1 (McFarlane) is what, an $8 book in OS or Wizard? And it's 10 years old, and you can't sell it for more than $2-3. I put this book in the same league as that (mega-hyped, mass-produced, mass-collected).

In ten years, it'll be $10. $20 tops, and that's being really generous.

Nothing "important" happened in the Hush story (other than the Lee art). As Aman said, it was entertaining, but not "key worthy".

Spider-Man #1 (McFarlane) is what, an $8 book in OS or Wizard? And it's 10 years old, and you can't sell it for more than $2-3. I put this book in the same league as that (mega-hyped, mass-produced, mass-collected).

Lee is also set for the All-Star Batman & Robin series though right? So depending on how that goes, the 1st Jim Lee drawn Batman could go up. I'd say 612 is up on 608 at the moment, only because Lee is still on Superman.

Preacher #1

Sandman #1

NYX #3 (I know it's very new, but name another regular, basic book from the past year that sells for $40 that isn't an alternate cover/autographed/RRP/whatever, and it's a 1A of a potentially major character)

Wolverine Origin #1

Bone #1

Cry For Dawn #1

Stray Bullets #1 (Remember how cool this book was when it came out? It's still awesome.)

Next Men #21

That DC book that was recalled due to breastfeeding or something

I know some of these are earlier than 1992, but I reject that as a line of demarcation for "Modern" comics.

If I was creating a time capsule of modern books from say, the time the direct market came into being, I'd have to include complete series of Bone, Preacher, Sandman, Starman, Cerebus, American Flagg! (when is that hardcover coming out?), Planetary, Stormwatch/Authority, Moore's & Vietch's Swamp Thing, From Hell, Top 10, USM, Alias, Powers, any Grendel books drawn by Matt Wagner, Mage I & II, Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans, Brit, Box Office Poison, Love & Rockets, Blankets, Maus, Morrison's run on New X-Men, Flex Mentallo, Stray Bullets, DK I & II, Batman Year One, Crisis (Infinite Earths & Identity), LoEG, geez, a bunch of others.