• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

selling comics

15 posts in this topic

Depends on which comics, the grade of the comics, the amount of comics, your Ebay feedback and the amount of work/time you want to spend.

1- Get your Big Keys /valued high grade books graded. (which ones to get graded is a diff game altogether, but I´m sure you can get some help here about it.) Use the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade? " section to get a feeling of what to expect and increase your grading skills.

2- While you wait on them, and if you are considering being an Ebay seller, start putting your common/cheap books on Ebay at 0.99 auctions. This will increase your feedback and hopefully get you a small customer base if you do a good job. Plus is kinda fun selling there if you avoid the crazies. I´m a low feedback seller there and I like it despite the high fees they charge.

3- Key Comic + high grade + low Ebay feedback = Consign it.

If you plan MCS as a consignment, send only graded books as they tend to be really tight on consignor´s raw books and stay away from anything you think will sell bellow 50 USD as you need to consider the minimum fee per book + shipping costs to them. On the other hand, books there will sell at stronger prices than other places for the same advertised grade because people know how tight they are on those books. Many people here are happy with the service. You can always send a couple of books and see what happens.

4- Hopefully, with your increased Feedback from the first sales on Ebay, you can start listing your mid value raw books and get good results, but this will take some time and some work to get there.

5- Sell them here on the boards. As you´re not paying any commissions, list them with at least the discount of your selling price minus the consignment/Ebay commissions.

GLWTS

sell high value books here, and dollar comic on facebook forums is how I would go :) Best of luck to you :)

What do you mean Facebook forum? Not heard of this venue - hit me up with a PM to fill me in./ Thanks.

I'd try to sell it all here first. What doesn't sell, high dollar stuff probably Lonestar or something, anyplace with any level of seller protection better than eBay.

Cheap stuff Craigslist. Dollar and fifty cent comics do sell on there, especially if you have a lot. I've probably sold 7000 comics on Craigslist.

Example I was planning to sell a hulk 5 cgc 6.0 for around $550 -$600. Better to sell on the boardor ebay?

Always better to sell on the boards IMO. Fixed price fees on $550-$600 is about $55-$60. I'm pretty sure you could list it on the boards for $500 and it would go quick (barring heavy Marvel chipping or bad page quality).

Adding to what others said if you are selling a bunch of stuff get a subscription to GPA.