• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay's International shipping service

67 posts in this topic

The only people that are are us non Americans

Either people don't want to send to us

Or we get overcharged global programm

A big, BIG thank you to all those great sellers here who still send to us non Americans

Also a big thank you to mycomicshop, comiclink, comicconnect, for using normal cheaper available postage options. They can do it!

This! (thumbs u

And ask yourself who are the real thiefs when import tax is 40%. So don't get so angry if they ask to put a lower value or gift. You don't have to, they don't force you. It is just a question! If you say no I am sure 98% of these buyers will still go ahead and pay the 40% legal theft at their end (I do). Try to see it from both sides. Just understand! But you can still say no.

And you're sure about this how? I have no problem shipping to boardies out of country.

On eBay, I've had buyers cancel an order or leave negative feedback from me not willing to lie on customs forms. 98% percent is a very generous number, at least for me.

As a Canadian, I HATE the Global Shipping program because it is a severe overcharge on everything. + I have to pay TWO shipping costs. 1 from you, the seller to the KY location and then the cost from them to me.

The customs fee is a joke as rarely do you ever have to pay it and when you do, it's not the outrageous price that eBay lists.

I've completed an entire run of 100-700 of Amazing Spider-man through ebay in the last year and not a single time did I have to pay the customs fees. And some of the lots I bought were upwards of $400.00, which was noted on the invoice. I'd rather take my chances with customs and wind up with a $15 fee upon delivery then ebay's nonsense overcharge.

I've passed over auctions recently because the sellers were using GSP. It probably is illegal for eBay to charge for customs fees that don't exist and then keep the money but eBay is too big to challenge.

It's frustrating to have to miss out on these books that I would otherwise buy and also frustrating to have to check every single international eBay listing that I look at to see if they're using GSP. I wish there was an option to filter out all of those.

I can totally understand the perspective of a non-US ebay buyer on the program. Sorry it messes with you all that way. But as others have mentioned, it does make things very simple from the seller side. And since I wasn't offering any international shipping options before, this is my ebay compromise.

On the other hand, on sales to board members? I've shipped internationally quite often and am always happy to do so. It's the difference between wanting to go the extra mile for someone you know/trust vs a potentional risk on eBay.

On the other hand, on sales to board members? I've shipped internationally quite often and am always happy to do so. It's the difference between wanting to go the extra mile for someone you know/trust vs a potentional risk on eBay.

This... x1000!

:applause:

-slym

I can totally understand the perspective of a non-US ebay buyer on the program. Sorry it messes with you all that way. But as others have mentioned, it does make things very simple from the seller side. And since I wasn't offering any international shipping options before, this is my ebay compromise.

To be honest, I can understand and sympathise with your position and kudos to you for shipping internationally outside of eBay. :applause:

I've passed over auctions recently because the sellers were using GSP. It probably is illegal for eBay to charge for customs fees that don't exist and then keep the money but eBay is too big to challenge.

It's frustrating to have to miss out on these books that I would otherwise buy and also frustrating to have to check every single international eBay listing that I look at to see if they're using GSP. I wish there was an option to filter out all of those.

Are those the auctions that automatically add customs fees?

Are those the auctions that automatically add customs fees?

Yep. You can´t filter them out but you can see from the results which ones have it.

Just move along when you see this on the search results.

smSD9VU.jpg

Oh my word that's funny. I was wondering why the word *spoon* was appearing so much in this forum thinking that it was a term use by members to stop actual swearing. I just used a very very mild "swear word" and this got automatically replaced by you know what. Who invented this term? I have not seen it anywhere else.

Cheers, Howard

Oh my word that's funny. I was wondering why the word *spoon* was appearing so much in this forum thinking that it was a term use by members to stop actual swearing. I just used a very very mild "swear word" and this got automatically replaced by you know what. Who invented this term? I have not seen it anywhere else.

Cheers, Howard

I believe it came from The Tick

20% of my eBay business is International and I don't use the Global Shipping Program - I opted out immediately.

I identified a long time ago the issues related to their system when it comes to adding custom charges to comic books going to countries that don't charge customs on them.

I still use the eBay shipping/bulk shipping tabs to print my own international labels and I still drop them off with the rest of my domestic orders so to me I don't see using GSP as any "simple" or "easier" than what I'm doing. If anything it would add another leg in shipping which could screw the shipment up or delay it.

Of course many if not most Canadian eBay sellers don't give Canadian buyers a break either by charging US dollars for their listings. This annoys the out of me. It's just greed.

Cheers, Howard

I list in US funds as I list my books through eBay.com (bigger audience = more sales). If there is something you need/want Howard lmk I would be happy to try and assist you.

20% of my eBay business is International and I don't use the Global Shipping Program - I opted out immediately.

I identified a long time ago the issues related to their system when it comes to adding custom charges to comic books going to countries that don't charge customs on them.

I still use the eBay shipping/bulk shipping tabs to print my own international labels and I still drop them off with the rest of my domestic orders so to me I don't see using GSP as any "simple" or "easier" than what I'm doing. If anything it would add another leg in shipping which could screw the shipment up or delay it.

And that's why Dre gets about 50% of my monthly paycheck....

...and this is why I'm a repeat customer! :)

"I list in US funds as I list my books through eBay.com (bigger audience = more sales). If there is something you need/want Howard lmk I would be happy to try and assist you"

Iceman399 You are fantastic. Most welcome news especially after the events from this morning with the interest rate cut and further drop in the dollar. I will keep you posted on my want list.

Any other kind CAD sellers out there? Maybe I could start a price war. :grin:

Cheers, Howard