• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - Today 3 PM

Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - 3 PM Today  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - 3 PM Today

74 posts in this topic

SPOLIER:

(in white letters)

Let me see if i got this right & can boil it down ...

Marvel has 2 Universes: Regular & 'Ultimate'

They are going to collide in Secret Wars

& create a single universe: 'Battleworld'.

If they wanted to pull some characters from the Ultimate Universe into the 616 Universe... ok, but this sounds...well, I guess it's a way to basically do whatever the heck the want to do, since they can grab any "version" of any character from another universe and just have he/she now be the flag bearer for that character.

My head hurt just watching that.

Good job at destroying 54 years of history Marvel :applause:

...says ever comic fan at least once a year since 1981.

I'm not into Ultimate Universe stuff, so I'll pass on this whole crossover. But, sounds like it could be fun if you read both titles.

I'm not into Ultimate Universe stuff, so I'll pass on this whole crossover. But, sounds like it could be fun if you read both titles.

That's the thing... after this there won't BE any Ultimate Universe stuff. Just Marvel Universe stuff. But supposedly parts of it will now be populated by characters from the Ultimate Universe who will replace their 616 counterparts.

At least that's how I heard it.

It's not a crossover. It's a new universe. Think DC new 52.

That's the thing... after this there won't BE any Ultimate Universe stuff. Just Marvel Universe stuff. But supposedly parts of it will now be populated by characters from the Ultimate Universe who will replace their 616 counterparts.

At least that's how I heard it.

It sounds like they are trying to consolidate the brands, as more average Joe's flock to comics/comic media. As a collector, it's frustrating, but when you consider the amount of casual readers and newbie Marvelites - it makes sense to have everyone under one roof.

My stepson is casually into comics, and he doesn't care about the nuances between Ultimate Captain America and 616 Captain America. He just wants to read a damn Captain America comic. My guess is that Marvel is laying the groundwork to make it easier for people to jump on.

But, who knows - when you have a media company this big, they can make a billion dollar mistake and still recover from it, so it could just be the rambling ideas of a pinheaded executive, too.

Or is it going to be "secret" as in: everything returns to normal at the end of the limited series?

I hate when they do video - I can't watch video at work.

I'll probably buy this story to see how it turns out but this may actually be a jumping off point after a lifetime of reading the Marvel Universe. They'll have to do something very good to make this work for me.

When asked, Quesada reportedly said, "It's magic." Quesada then realized that he was working off of seven year old notes meant for Spider-man.

Actually, I'm cool with this one. It kind of makes some sense in regards to a few things.

Bring on the ultimate Nick Fury, Miles Morales and a less confusing X-Men.

Have to say, if Marvel's goal is cohesion and simplicity that Battleworld Map looks anything but.

Feels like 'Crisis on Vomit Earth', with lots of little world-chunks splattering where they may.

It's about time. One Marvel Universe. :banana:

Let me guess the 3 "classified" universes in the Battleworld map are Crossgen, Ultraverse and New Universe characters to join the new marvel universe. I really hope that's not the secret. hm

It seems like Crisis on Infinite Earths, but in reverse.
thats what it sounds like to me, and whats sad is that my friend and i made front of Marvel years ago. when they started with Marvel Now comics and how that could leaded into them trying a DC Crisis on Infinite Earths. but these to me sounds like it could be awesome or br the mess that we all are thinking that is going to be.