• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - Today 3 PM

Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - 3 PM Today  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel Secret Wars Annoucement - 3 PM Today

74 posts in this topic

Bring on the ultimate Nick Fury, Miles Morales and a less confusing X-Men.

Marvel might be pulling the plug on Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man

MMULTSM2014002-int-LR2-5-57be5.jpg

Does that mean Marvel is ending this character?

or could it be Peter Parker instead?

hm

They will coexist.

Have to say, if Marvel's goal is cohesion and simplicity that Battleworld Map looks anything but.

Feels like 'Crisis on Vomit Earth', with lots of little world-chunks splattering where they may.

It's about time. One Marvel Universe. :banana:

Let me guess the 3 "classified" universes in the Battleworld map are Crossgen, Ultraverse and New Universe characters to join the new marvel universe. I really hope that's not the secret. hm

Any official news that the

Crossgen, Ultraverse and New Universe characters will appear?

Another thing of interest...

This may be a "buy and hold onto" mini series and not for speculation but for constant rereading purposes. I am going to guess that the foundation of every new thing or crossover or event for the next five years will have its seeds planted somewhere in this events.

And I just looked at the map...

And instantly the "Middle Zealand" joke came to mind from the Lego Movie when they are outlining all of the little areas of their "world"

Good job at destroying 54 years of history Marvel :applause:

...says ever comic fan at least once a year since 1981.

I'm not into Ultimate Universe stuff, so I'll pass on this whole crossover. But, sounds like it could be fun if you read both titles.

It's not a crossover. It's a new universe. Think DC new 52.

That bad?

If they would leave well enough alone they could use any character from any universe for the Secret Wars and chalk it up to the Beyonder being all powerful when they put things back the way they were.

Instead it seems that they have looked upon either the New 52 or Crisis on Infinite Earths and will be ripping off DC's ideas somehow.

Once again Marvel gets to renumber everything and start over.

I guess Wolverine won't stay dead for long after all.

Have to say, if Marvel's goal is cohesion and simplicity that Battleworld Map looks anything but.

Feels like 'Crisis on Vomit Earth', with lots of little world-chunks splattering where they may.

It's about time. One Marvel Universe. :banana:

Let me guess the 3 "classified" universes in the Battleworld map are Crossgen, Ultraverse and New Universe characters to join the new marvel universe. I really hope that's not the secret. hm

Any official news that the

Crossgen, Ultraverse and New Universe characters will appear?

No official news yet. Just speculation on my part.

Crossgen is owned by Disney.

New Universe & Ultraverse owned by Marvel.

If there was a time to resurrect these properties it would be now.

I'll probably buy this story to see how it turns out but this may actually be a jumping off point after a lifetime of reading the Marvel Universe. They'll have to do something very good to make this work for me.

I'm with you. Just have to wait and see. But I'm not optimistic.

This may be a "buy and hold onto" mini series and not for speculation but for constant rereading purposes. I am going to guess that the foundation of every new thing or crossover or event for the next five years will have its seeds planted somewhere in this events.

Marvel has been flushing its old fans and rebooting every 5 years since Ultimate Spider-Man 1. Old news.

If they would leave well enough alone they could use any character from any universe for the Secret Wars and chalk it up to the Beyonder being all powerful when they put things back the way they were.

Instead it seems that they have looked upon either the New 52 or Crisis on Infinite Earths and will be ripping off DC's ideas somehow.

Once again Marvel gets to renumber everything and start over.

I guess Wolverine won't stay dead for long after all.

First thing I thought of.

Maybe they give us grumpy, hulk baby carrying, Old Man Logan for a while.

Miles Morales is still marketable apparently...

Just out of Toy Fair UK...

Lego is doing a Miles Morales Spider-man

The "do not use the FF rule" is still in effect

This is why I pretty much droped the big 2 altogether, the constant reboots get tiresome. Thank god for the likes of Image and 3rd party publishers.

Also why I love the writing of Judge Dredd, same cheracter consistently writen for almost 4 decades and you don't see the publishers of 2000 AD worring about continuity issues or confusing their readers with a long history, in fact they embrace that, so why can't american publishers?

Given the popularity of the Marvel Studios movies, and I daresay there are currently more worldwide fans of the movies than of the comic books; it seems reasonable for the Marvel Comics line to synchronize itself with the Marvel movie line.

Rather than have parts of the "regular" Marvel universe (whatever that is) and parts of the Ultimate universe synthesized into the movie universe, it makes sense for the comics line to reflect the movie line, at least character-wise.

When all is said and done, I suspect we'll see a single cohesive Marvel comic universe more in tune with the past and upcoming Marvel Studios movies.