• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crow Rebooted from Relativity Studios
3 3

159 posts in this topic

Not trying to be a jerk here - maybe I'm missing something. What other ground other than a straight one off remake is there with the character? I loved the first one but feel it was a one and done - revenge redemption love story.

Not trying to be a jerk here - maybe I'm missing something. What other ground other than a straight one off remake is there with the character? I loved the first one but feel it was a one and done - revenge redemption love story.

I don't think you are being a jerk in asking.

The Crow is a supernatural bird that serves as the protagonist's link between the living world and the realm of beyond. The magical crow is capable of resurrecting people who have been murdered, so that the victims may be able to seek justice on the person or people responsible for their death. The story of the Crow seems to come from an old Native American legend.

It is the spirit of The Crow itself that becomes the focus of later stories, helping other wronged victims take revenge.

From the Beginning, 'The Crow' Had a Grim Side : Movies: James O'Barr's comic book might have adapted smoothly to the big screen, but it was spurred by personal tragedy.

What is interesting is as of this 1994 interview with James O'Barr, he felt the story was done.

O'Barr sees "The Crow" as a completed story that had a definite ending, and he has moved on to other projects.

I guess once a larger fan base formed after the success of the movie, demands came in for more stories leading to those multiple mini series.

Jessica Brown Findlay Joins THE CROW Remake As 'Shelly'

--------------------

During a Q&A panel a the Lexington Comic and Toy Convention, The Crow creator James O’Barr not only confirmed that Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire, American Hustle, Shrooms) would don the black and white face-paint as Eric Draven in Corin Hardy's remake, but that he'd be joined by Jessica Brown Findlay (A Winter's Tale, The Riot Club, Downton Abbey) as his doomed fiancée, Shelly Webster. This character was played by Sofia Shinas in the original film, and it's her brutal rape and murder that brings Draven back from the dead to exact his bloody revenge.

--------------------

I loved the 1st movie with Brandon Lee. One of my all time favorites. I ctually took my wife to the drive in ( yes, they still have them ) and she loved it too. Jack Huston is a great actor imo and that makes to of the alums form Boardwalk Empire ( Charlie Cox ) taking on comic book characters. Awesome. Steve Buscemi for Mole Man please. :grin:

I loved the 1st movie with Brandon Lee. One of my all time favorites. I ctually took my wife to the drive in ( yes, they still have them ) and she loved it too. Jack Huston is a great actor imo and that makes to of the alums form Boardwalk Empire ( Charlie Cox ) taking on comic book characters. Awesome. Steve Buscemi for Mole Man please. :grin:

You forgot one.

Bobby Cannavale Will Be Playing A New Character In Ant-Man

-----------------

Cannavle's Ant-Man character is named Paxton, but we don't know much more than that. There's a good reason for that, as he isn't from Marvel Comics. "Yeah. He’s a new character," Cannavale told Collider. "I mean the whole story is pretty new because the origin story of Dr. Hank Pym who’s the original Ant-Man, that’s Michael Douglas’s character, and so Paul’s (Rudd) character is sort of a protégé. The whole story is really new so he’s a new character."

Cannavel seemed to be in heaven shooting Ant-Man as he was impressed with the talent of the cast, the humor of the -script and getting to work with blue/green screens quite a bit for the special effects. "That was a really cool experience, because as big as that movie is and really as big a production as that was, the actual work in the scenes were really fun," Cannavle explained. "It felt like we were on an indie film. Rudd is one of my oldest friends. Most of our scenes are together, like me and Paul and Judy Greer. And so, both those actors are really good improvisers. Adam McKay and Paul did a big rewrite on that -script. So the scenes themselves felt like an indie film. It really felt like a comedy that we were doing. And then, of course, you have those big scenes. I spent so much time in front of a blue screen and that was just a trip for me. I’m not used to that kind of thing. But it was really a good combination of bringing a real off-the-cuff sensibility to a big, huge action movie. That was really fun and I think that probably happened because Guardians of the Galaxy was such a success. So it didn’t feel like I was working in a really serious superhero movie. It didn’t feel like Thor or something like that."

-----------------

121021-ep31-gyp-450.jpg

You are so right about Boardwalk Empire. It had such great actors rolling in constantly.

You forgot one.

Bobby Cannavale Will Be Playing A New Character In Ant-Man

-----------------

Cannavle's Ant-Man character is named Paxton, but we don't know much more than that. There's a good reason for that, as he isn't from Marvel Comics. "Yeah. He’s a new character," Cannavale told Collider. "I mean the whole story is pretty new because the origin story of Dr. Hank Pym who’s the original Ant-Man, that’s Michael Douglas’s character, and so Paul’s (Rudd) character is sort of a protégé. The whole story is really new so he’s a new character."

Cannavel seemed to be in heaven shooting Ant-Man as he was impressed with the talent of the cast, the humor of the -script and getting to work with blue/green screens quite a bit for the special effects. "That was a really cool experience, because as big as that movie is and really as big a production as that was, the actual work in the scenes were really fun," Cannavle explained. "It felt like we were on an indie film. Rudd is one of my oldest friends. Most of our scenes are together, like me and Paul and Judy Greer. And so, both those actors are really good improvisers. Adam McKay and Paul did a big rewrite on that -script. So the scenes themselves felt like an indie film. It really felt like a comedy that we were doing. And then, of course, you have those big scenes. I spent so much time in front of a blue screen and that was just a trip for me. I’m not used to that kind of thing. But it was really a good combination of bringing a real off-the-cuff sensibility to a big, huge action movie. That was really fun and I think that probably happened because Guardians of the Galaxy was such a success. So it didn’t feel like I was working in a really serious superhero movie. It didn’t feel like Thor or something like that."

-----------------

121021-ep31-gyp-450.jpg

You are so right about Boardwalk Empire. It had such great actors rolling in constantly.

Cannavale played a VERY convincing 'heavy' role in Boardwalk Empire and I do not believe they created a more menacing antagonist for Nucky Thompson. Even in his brief role in the comedy, "The Other Guys" (YOU SHOULDA SHOT A-ROD!!) there is a naturally believable brooding and darkness to his delivery. It will be interesting to see what he does in Ant Man.

He was more than a little scary and I thought he might be the end of Nucky at that gas station. I can't believe I forgot these guys. doh! Boardwalk Empire was great. I wonder who else might come out of that show ?

I thought the same thing throughout Gyp Rosetti's run on the show. He just felt like the force that was going to take many of the main players out in the end.

Michael Kenneth Williams (Chalky White) is another one I'd like to see more of. He was in the news recently for a new role.

‘Boardwalk Empire’s’ Michael Kenneth Williams Nabs Lead Role in ‘The Spoils Before Dying’

It's a comedy, which I would never have pictured him in.

I loved the soundtrack to the original Crow movie too.

"Burn" - The Cure

"Golgotha Tenement Blues" - Machines of Loving Grace

"Big Empty" - Stone Temple Pilots

"Dead Souls" (Joy Division cover) - Nine Inch Nails

"Darkness" - Rage Against the Machine

"Color Me Once" - Violent Femmes

"Ghostrider" (Suicide cover) - Rollins Band

"Milktoast" (also known as "Milquetoast") - Helmet

"The Badge" (Poison Idea cover) - Pantera

"Slip Slide Melting" - For Love Not Lisa

"After the Flesh" - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult

"Snakedriver" - The Jesus and Mary Chain

"Time Baby III" - Medicine (note: the track on the OST album is "Time Baby III" as recorded by Medicine in studio; the track performed live by Medicine in the film is "Time Baby II", which is mostly similar but has a different lead guitar riff at the intro and after the chorus)

"It Can't Rain All the Time" - Jane Siberry

Big Empty was used in the trailers for the movie and I felt it was perfect for the show. My kids used to wear me out to play Ghostrider over and over. lol

Good times.

Edited by The Authority

I loved the soundtrack to the original Crow movie too.

"Burn" - The Cure

"Golgotha Tenement Blues" - Machines of Loving Grace

"Big Empty" - Stone Temple Pilots

"Dead Souls" (Joy Division cover) - Nine Inch Nails

"Darkness" - Rage Against the Machine

"Color Me Once" - Violent Femmes

"Ghostrider" (Suicide cover) - Rollins Band

"Milktoast" (also known as "Milquetoast") - Helmet

"The Badge" (Poison Idea cover) - Pantera

"Slip Slide Melting" - For Love Not Lisa

"After the Flesh" - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult

"Snakedriver" - The Jesus and Mary Chain

"Time Baby III" - Medicine (note: the track on the OST album is "Time Baby III" as recorded by Medicine in studio; the track performed live by Medicine in the film is "Time Baby II", which is mostly similar but has a different lead guitar riff at the intro and after the chorus)

"It Can't Rain All the Time" - Jane Siberry

Big Empty was used in the trailers for the movie and I felt it was perfect for the show. My kids used to wear me out to play Ghostrider over and over. lol

Good times.

This is the first song I listen too, when I pop the soundtrack in. Track #4 is perfect for an open highway in between cities.