• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't care what the others say- You're OK in my book, Steve

14 posts in this topic

Just got back from a nice get-together with Mr Borock, comgeek, sullypython & his wife. We all met at the Mirage & had drinks while shootin' the . Just wanted to say thanx to Steve for the invite and to tell everyone that I had a great time. A nice relaxing outing was just what the doctor ordered. Everyone was friendly and none of them said "JLA sucks"...well, at least not to my face.

Oh and Steve, thanx for the info and tips on submissions. Your check is in the mail.

grin.gif

Rick

You know, I went in there thinking "Don't talk too much shop if he doesn't want to." But he was very open and forth-coming (to a point, of course). He wouldn't cough up the Colonel's secret recipe, but he wasn't evasive with his answers. He enjoyed chewing the rag and sharing anecdotes and bon mots!

And by the way, Steve will sell grades!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

All the .5's you want (if the price is right).

Muther-Pucker mad.gif

Rick

Actually, Mark Haspel DID go see the Siegfried and Roy show on Saturday! grin.gif

I have got to tell all of you, meeting Steve (sullypython), his VERY patient wife, and Rick (JLA-all-the-way, who I had met once before), was one of the highlights of my very short long weekend. We talked for a couple of hours about everything from new comics, the DD movie, CGC conspiracy theories, grading standards, how a comic submitted moves through CGC, other board members, and even, if you can believe it, some non-comic topics. Don (oldnewcomicguy) got detained and could not show up frown.gif I was looking forward to meeting him, he has some good taste in music. We are going to do it again over dinner at this years San Diego con, if anyone wants to join us, you are more then welcome to. If everyone on this chatboard is half as great as these people, I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you at some point in time. Except maybe Hammer/Meth, and we all know he won't show up anyway smirk.gif

Please! Enron was nice and forthcoming too untill they could not hide the controversy anylonger.

This is like having a cuckoo clock on the wall... every so often it goes off and some annoying little thing pops out of nowhere and squawks. Oh, and everyone hates it.

This is like having a cuckoo clock on the wall... every so often it goes off and some annoying little thing pops out of nowhere and squawks. Oh, and everyone hates it.

Well if you ARE so annoyng MAJOR stay off the board!