• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does heritage determine sales tax?

12 posts in this topic

Anybody?

I have family out of state, and I was wondering if they purchased items for me, if they could drop ship from heritage to me. I can stomach the $10/20 tax bump here and there on purchases, but adding $100 plus on orders is getting to me. Especially when they're coming from Texas and not even in my state.

Sales tax is based on where the items are being shipped. They will only charge/collect sales tax if they have a presence in that state.

So even if the items are shipping out of Texas and being shipped to California; since Heritage has an office in Beverly Hills, they are required to charge you sales tax.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Psy

Thanks guys. So basically I can just start shipping my orders to my family's place in Arizona and avoid the extra fees. Awesome.

Exactly (thumbs u i haven't bought a book from HA because of the new added tax to books being shipped to CA. Looks like i need to,have it shipped to my dad's house in Vegas but always worried about that idea since i won't be physically there when it gets delivered.

Be sure it is not tied to your BILLING address, and not your SHIPPING address......

My parents live in Wisconsin. It looks like that I have to set up the bank in Wisconsin so the bank wire will be linked to that bank so I don't have to pay the state tax. The books will be mailed to that address instead my permanent address in Illinois. I have to drive up to pick them up at the post office but I can ask my parents' neighbor to hold them for me.

Do you think it works?

Be sure it is not tied to your BILLING address, and not your SHIPPING address......

My parents live in Wisconsin. It looks like that I have to set up the bank in Wisconsin so the bank wire will be linked to that bank so I don't have to pay the state tax. The books will be mailed to that address instead my permanent address in Illinois. I have to drive up to pick them up at the post office but I can ask my parents' neighbor to hold them for me.

Do you think it works?

Probably, though Illinois will look at it as tax evasion.

Do you think it works?

Probably, though Illinois will look at it as tax evasion.

Please don't tell IRS!

Was in corporate tax for a few year and did sales and use tax returns for a few years .it will work but if someone found out you could get in trouble but still they don't really care about such small things. They probably would expect you to report these things on your state tax return where they ask for any items you purchased out of state but use in your current state.

Was in corporate tax for a few year and did sales and use tax returns for a few years .it will work but if someone found out you could get in trouble but still they don't really care about such small things. They probably would expect you to report these things on your state tax return where they ask for any items you purchased out of state but use in your current state.

It looks like that I may abandon Heritage for good.

19.5% buyer premium and state sales tax are too way expensive.

My hometown is 9.5% state tax. That would be total of 29%.

I will stick to my Illinois address for my kids' sakes. Heritage needs to drop that buyer's premium and I will be back with them again.