• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man #129 (Picture posted!)

40 posts in this topic

I still don’t get why one likes to keep them slabbed if meant to keep in one's own collection, but hey it’s yours! (thumbs u

I agree, besides if everybody keeps slabbing all types of conditions, eventually there aren't anymore books left which can actually be read. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I feel that a 3.5 is too harsh and a 5.5 to mild for this condition. I would say about 4.5 since I've seen worse with 4.0 and better with 5.0.

Would love to see this one post-cleaning. It would be a good compare/contrast. I'm just having a hard time seeing the water stain going away, or the other stains going away or paper being added to the lower left back cover post-cleansing. So I'm sticking w/3.5 or to appease Claudio, 3.75.

I still don’t get why one likes to keep them slabbed if meant to keep in one's own collection, but hey it’s yours! (thumbs u

I agree, besides if everybody keeps slabbing all types of conditions, eventually there aren't anymore books left which can actually be read. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I feel that a 3.5 is too harsh and a 5.5 to mild for this condition. I would say about 4.5 since I've seen worse with 4.0 and better with 5.0.

well if this gets graded I'd like to see who gets closer to the actual grade :)

Little too much going on for me to think this book could grade 4.0 or better. Maybe if it was only missing the small piece on the BC. I have seen several much cleaner books with similar missing pieces get 4.0/4.5 . Unfortunately as is I am thinking 3.0 to 3.5 max.

So I will probably get this cleaned and then send it off for grading. I'll take more scans when it comes back from cleaning before sending it off for grading so people can adjust their numbers if need be.

Here's the new scans after cleaning…

uTYLsRQl.jpg

Hy3jQ35l.jpg

Here's the before cleaning scans for reference:

mBHfOjIt.jpg

PM3WVTet.jpg

Cleansing is really a boost but for me being a buyer with my guideline to buy, this book is under VG 4.0 due to two missing pieces. I think it is around 3.0/3.5. Still a desirable copy.