• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

It looks like there are talks of continuing or rebooting the Indiana Jones franchise over at the House of Mouse. Many overlook the fact that when Disney purchased Lucasfilm that they received more than just the Star Wars franchise. For over a year, there has been speculation as to whether Disney would toss Harrison Ford the fedora one more time or whether they would reboot the whole franchise with a new lead actor.

Ford has stated that he would be up to doing another one, while industry reports have suggested various new leads ranging from Bradley Cooper to Chris Pratt, each of whom have already worked in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, also on Battleship Disney.

Post your news here.

(I always wanted to start a thread like this)

:whee:

Edited by Buzzetta

From Yahoo News: Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring, and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading-man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.

I didn't know they were remaking Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" again.

A Magnificent Seven remake is wrong on so many levels.

I can't say I'm real enthused about an Indy reboot either. It's a shame Spielberg and Lucas waisted so much time before getting back to the franchise. Bums me out to think of the lost opportunity to do more with Ford in the role.

A Magnificent Seven remake is wrong on so many levels.

I can't say I'm real enthused about an Indy reboot either. It's a shame Spielberg and Lucas waisted so much time before getting back to the franchise. Bums me out to think of the lost opportunity to do more with Ford in the role.

I put the blame squarely on Lucas. Spielberg had wanted to something with Indy, but Lucas was so obsessed with doing things his way.

I'm becoming a fan of Chris Pratt :applause:

I would love to see him as Indy :)

Bradley Cooper would be my second choice.

Bradley Cooper smiles to much. Reminds me Tom Selleck who was originally cast as Indy back in the day. Which would have been a mistake (High Road to China).

Indy has to have a seriousness about him, that is funny as chaos surrounds him (shooting the swordsman). Harrison got the joke. Pratt would be perfect for it too.

A deal was apparently ironed out between the two studios.

Paramount and Disney apparently reached a deal back in late 2013.

Disney and Paramount have reached an agreement for the future of the Indiana Jones franchise, giving Disney control over all future films.

Paramount retains rights to the first four films and "will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released," says the statement from the studios.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-takes-control-indiana-jones-663704

Supposedly there will be a teaser trailer for developing a new film in the franchise when the new Star Wars movie opens.

Pratt denies talking to Disney about Indiana Jones and says he also spoke with Channing Tatum who also said no one has come to him concerning the role.

Me? I still think Pratt would be perfect for it.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/83544/20150810/indiana-jones-5-update-chris-pratt-denies-casting-rumors-first.htm

Cinema Blend - 3 Hours ago...

Harrisson Ford? Maybe Chris Pratt? Maybe someone new? Just get it done.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Indiana-Jones-5-Steven-Spielberg-Just-Dropped-Update-87667.html

"Speaking with Yahoo Movies, Spielberg joked that Tom Hanks and Ford are now tied with the number of movies they’ve made for him. Ford has done four Indiana Jones films, while Hanks is the star of Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, and now Bridge of Spies. According to Spielberg, he has to rectify this."

Now, I’ll probably do an Indy 5 with Harrison, [so] it’ll be five for Harrison, four for Tom…I’ve got to make another one with Tom, that’ll be five for Tom, five for Harrison. And I think I’m going to leapfrog that way for the rest of my career. With Daniel Day-Lewis in everything else!

Bob Iger confirms "Indiana Jones 5" on Bloomberg

7:44

"...Great stories in Lucas' Star Wars and Indiana Jones, as well, which will be coming..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-12-28/disney-s-bob-iger-on-star-wars-espn-and-china

Video -

Other key points

- Force Awakens has Exceeded expectations in terms of box office return

- Majority of Principal Shooting for Episode VIII starts in a few days.

- Star Wars lands in Disneyland and Disneyworld

- Equates Star Wars to Marvel and Pixar

- I stopped listening after the 8 minute mark. I got what I needed for the this post.

Bob Iger confirms "Indiana Jones 5" on Bloomberg

7:44

"...Great stories in Lucas' Star Wars and Indiana Jones, as well, which will be coming..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-12-28/disney-s-bob-iger-on-star-wars-espn-and-china

Video -

Other key points

- Force Awakens has Exceeded expectations in terms of box office return

- Majority of Principal Shooting for Episode VIII starts in a few days.

- Star Wars lands in Disneyland and Disneyworld

- Equates Star Wars to Marvel and Pixar

- I stopped listening after the 8 minute mark. I got what I needed for the this post.

Thanks for the link.

One thing Bob Iger later says that was shocking to me was that

China will become the biggest movie audience in the world and it will happen fast! :o

This shocked me,but when someone who is the head of Disney says it,than I believe him.

The one thing America was known for was it`s big domestic box office,now China will supplant America.

This might have huge ramifications in upcoming blockbuster films,maybe even affect the comic book back issue market? hm

Thanks for the link.

One thing Bob Iger later says that was shocking to me was that

China will become the biggest movie audience in the world and it will happen fast! :o

This shocked me,but when someone who is the head of Disney says it,than I believe him.

The one thing America was known for was it`s big domestic box office,now China will supplant America.

This might have huge ramifications in upcoming blockbuster films,maybe even affect the comic book back issue market? hm

Why would you be shocked?

Movie industry references

The international box office is where the movie industry is seeing the most growth. Especially China.

Global

Global box office for all films released in each country around the world reached $36.4 billion in 2014, up 1% over 2013’s total, due to an increase in international box office ($26.0 billion). Growth was driven primarily by the Asia Pacific region (+12%). Chinese box office ($4.8 billion) increased 34% in 2014, becoming the first international market to exceed $4 billion in box office.

And that was from a 2014 market analysis. China was the heavy-hitter for large-scale growth.