• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostbusters Reboot

70 posts in this topic

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70168

This makes me sad and a bit miffed. Melissa McCarthy is not ONE BIT funny, Hollywood.

Enough already.

Peace,

Chip

The Fantastic Four reboot has a better chance at being a decent movie then this Ghostbusters reboot.

I smell an epic fail for this.

I know many people love her, but I can't stand watching anything with her in it. It's like watching the same character over and over again. If it were someone other than her, perhaps I would look forward to seeing it.

No Bill Murray.

No Dan Aykroyd

No box office!

So what are you predicting at the box office? Come on. Just a guess.

:baiting:

It won`t crack 80 million domestic. I expect a big bomb critics wise and box office wise!

2c

I'll actually say the opposite and say it will do very well.

The fan base and draw of Bridesmaids plus the inherit draw from just being a Ghostbusters movie leads me to think it the domestic total pull will easily surpass $140,000,000

The cast so far seems perfect for this. Especially since Bill Murray does have part in the movie :D

No Bill Murray.

No Dan Aykroyd

No box office!

So what are you predicting at the box office? Come on. Just a guess.

:baiting:

It won`t crack 80 million domestic. I expect a big bomb critics wise and box office wise!

2c

I'll actually say the opposite and say it will do very well.

The fan base and draw of Bridesmaids plus the inherit draw from just being a Ghostbusters movie leads me to think it the domestic total pull will easily surpass $140,000,000

The cast so far seems perfect for this. Especially since Bill Murray does have part in the movie :D

I don`t see it doing big numbers.

It`s going against Star Trek 3,Next Bourne movie, Power Rangers blockbuster movie and Guy Ritchie`s King Arthur.

They waited too long for a reboot, similar to Robocop.

It won`t even win a weekend.

Sorry if you want a GhostBusters 3 try this.

51y5TcBbSoL.jpg

Not sure what the big deal about box office numbers is. Some of my favorite movies were box office flops, and some box office blockbusters I can't stand.

Because they are doing this reboot wrong. They are going to waste any chance at a long-term revival.

Look at the Planet of the Apes revival. That`s how it`s done.

With this new Ghostbuster movie it will be a one and done film.

If approached right we could have had a trilogy.

That`s why box office numbers are important.

btw.

I am a big Ghostbuster fan. Just don`t like this reboot direction they are going.

Not sure what the big deal about box office numbers is. Some of my favorite movies were box office flops, and some box office blockbusters I can't stand.

Because they are doing this reboot wrong. They are going to waste any chance at a long-term revival.

Look at the Planet of the Apes revival. That`s how it`s done.

With this new Ghostbuster movie it will be a one and done film.

If approached right we could have had a trilogy.

That`s why box office numbers are important.

btw.

I am a big Ghostbuster fan. Just don`t like this reboot direction they are going.

How are they going to waste any chance at a long-term revival? Are you referring to the cast lineup or other factors?

I don't think low box office numbers always = a one and done film. Not to mention that long term revival can be a bad thing.