• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostbusters Reboot

70 posts in this topic

Mellissa McCarthy is a riot in all her movies. Kristen Wiig is boring though. My dad will probably be in charge of building the sets for this, he did the other 2 ghostbusters and they talked of doing this one for years

I have no interest in seeing it (I thought Bridesmaids was over-rated), but I also agree with those that say it will be a big hit.

The idea for Blues Brothers 2000 was an abomination - and GB3 fits right in there with it. If I'm lucky, I will go through life never seeing either of these.

Mellissa McCarthy is a riot in all her movies.

You could not be more wrong. No-talent. Not funny.

At ALL.

Peace,

Chip

You know, other than the food poisoning scene in Bridesmaids and her stint on SNL, I don't think I've laughed at anything of hers. hm

But, it should be noted my now EX-girlfriend forced me to watch the complete series of The Gilmore Girls with her. I might have developed a disgust for her through that. :sick:

I know many people love her, but I can't stand watching anything with her in it. It's like watching the same character over and over again. If it were someone other than her, perhaps I would look forward to seeing it.

Agreed. Not funny.

Then again, I don't find Will Farrel funny either

Besides the original lineup, who would you guys cast to be the next Ghostbusters?

All female cast, of course.

I liked the rumor that Emma Stone was in contention for this! She has pretty good comedic chops!

Kat Dennings would have been good too. Maybe even Kaley Cuoco. And Kerry Washington. :cloud9:

What were we talking about again?

Wiig can be funny, though not always. McCarthy makes me laugh, but her schtick is pretty limited. I was entertained by both Heat and Bridesmaids, though I wouldn't consider them classic comedies. I'll watch this, but might wait for video. I suspect it will make boatloads of money.

The quality of comedy is personal. If someone makes you laugh, they are funny, if they don't, they're not. The general public may respond more or less enthusiastically to a given comedian than I do, but I can't say they're wrong. Stupid, maybe, but not wrong.

I wonder if the same folks who complain about remakes of this sort are also the ones who complain about comic book reboots.

Besides the original lineup, who would you guys cast to be the next Ghostbusters?

All female cast, of course.

I liked the rumor that Emma Stone was in contention for this! She has pretty good comedic chops!

Kat Dennings would have been good too. Maybe even Kaley Cuoco. And Kerry Washington. :cloud9:

What were we talking about again?

Kaley Cuoco :cloud9: