• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Iron Fist fans out there?

17 posts in this topic

I have never read any iron fist books and with the tv show announcement it has piqued my interest. Just curious what book you would recommend to get started? Should I start with Marvel Masterworks: Iron Fist, Vol. 1? Matt Fraction and Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist? Any other Iron Fist gems? Thanks for the suggestions.

I have never read any iron fist books and with the tv show announcement it has piqued my interest. Just curious what book you would recommend to get started? Should I start with Marvel Masterworks: Iron Fist, Vol. 1? Matt Fraction and Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist? Any other Iron Fist gems? Thanks for the suggestions.

Immortal Iron Fist is a great read.

I am a sucker for Bronze books / stories - so the original Iron Fist series will also get my (thumbs u

The Claremont / Byrne run in Marvel Premiere / Iron Fist is a very good read, structured very similarly to their run on X-Men.

Also, I'll give another recommendation for Immortal Iron Fist.

I have to admit that the Power Man and Iron Fist book was a pretty good read too. I read them as they were coming out and enjoyed the a lot as a kid...I'll have to go back and revisit actually.

There's also a pretty good run of stories in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu with Iron Fist. Definitely worth reading as well. It's more of a mature magazine than the comic books. The Iron Fist run started around issue 19 I believe.

Marvel Premiere 15-25, Iron Fist 1-15, Marvel Team-Up 63-64 ( most if not all of this is reprinted in the original Iron Fist essential volume which you can find at Amazon ), Power Man - Iron Fist 48-50. What I just laid out is a solid read with some very good stories and a young John Byrne whose art got better by the issue. There were also some very good iron Fist stories in the black and white Deadly Hands of Kung Fu magazine, but I don't think those have been reprinted and I'm not sure of the issue numbers off the top of my head.

Thanks for the suggestions, just ordered immortal Iron fist. I'm trying to figure out which Ironfist Masterworks vol to pick up. Is the first volume (origin) story better than the vol 2. Claremont/Byrne Run?

The Claremont / Byrne run is better IMHO, but the first one isn't bad.

There's also a pretty good run of stories in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu with Iron Fist. Definitely worth reading as well. It's more of a mature magazine than the comic books. The Iron Fist run started around issue 19 I believe.

IIRC those were also written by Claremont and had some really nice art by Rudy Nebres :cloud9:

IIRC those were also written by Claremont and had some really nice art by Rudy Nebres :cloud9:

+ 1 I just pulled them out and started to read them again. :cloud9: