• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kermit's Pad

57 posts in this topic

I still get these emails. frustrated.gif

He has a "Rabbi Pedigree" for sale.

This time I caved in and had to look.

The strain was more than I could bear. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen so many "Mint" books in a single collection.

Of course...all the keys seem to be missing from the lists. sleeping.gif

Is there a way to make him stop sending me these emails? foreheadslap.gif

If you've asked him to stop and he continues to send you email you can start reporting him to people- his ISP/ eBay.

Spam him with EMAILs of every single thread on the forums? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

My co-worker combated fax spamming by sending a continuous fax to this company overnight and used up all their paper! sign-funnypost.gif

Spam him with EMAILs of every single thread on the forums? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

My co-worker combated fax spamming by sending a continuous fax to this company overnight and used up all their paper! sign-funnypost.gif

Oh, I must try that! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had to see what one of their "mint" comics looked like. Here is the one I chose:

xmen113.jpg

This book was graded "Mint" by them. Does anyone see the main problem with this cover ?

I had to see what one of their "mint" comics looked like. Here is the one I chose:

xmen113.jpg

This book was graded "Mint" by them. Does anyone see the main problem with this cover ?

Hmmm.... I wonder what this book what actually grade at if sent to CGC. I'm gonna say 8.5

Any other guesses?

You look into getting a refund on that MINT book with the VF top edge? I mean, its mostly mint right?

If you trim 1/8" off the top, it might look alright. confused-smiley-013.gif

You look into getting a refund on that MINT book with the VF top edge? I mean, its mostly mint right?

insane.gif Isn't Marvel chipping allowed even in hi grades?

insane.gif Isn't Marvel chipping allowed even in hi grades?

Is that true ? How do they handle miscutting. This seems pretty severe.

I missed their cutoff for returns because I was away on business. Curiosity killed the cat.

I inquired about a slew of the more obscure Marvel books with the intent of getting at least 25% off and sending back anything that didn't grade out exactly as they claimed. Seems as if large volume discounts aren't really available via the "Rabbi" pedigree because they've been "selling so well".

My one experience with them on eBay was a F Silver Age DD (# 40 something) that was advertised as a "NM-?". I love it when a seller put a question mark with the grade. I figured it worth a shot at a $13 BIN. Huge tear/ship out of the back cover and the book was brittle as could be. They did refund half the cost. Thats all I typically ask for because shipping it back is more of a pain than the $13 it cost me.

I bought about 7 books from him once after hitting the BIN on a "MT+" ASM 121. He had good feedback (which is beyond me why insufficiently_thoughtful_persons leave good feedback on a guy who grossly overgrades), so I gave him a shot. All the books I bought were NM+ and up according to him. When I received them, the closest one was a VF+. I was glad I'd negotiated with him for the "option" to return the books otherwise I would've been screwed. But he is a fairly friendly guy, and I'm guessing he just doesn't really know what he's doing and tossing numbers out there.

Brian

We apologize if you were inconvenienced by the email.

If you reply to one of the mailings and simply put "unsubscribe" or "stop sending me these emails" anywhere in your message, you'll be removed immediately!

Again, we're very sorry for the intrusion.

Joe

joe@kermitspad.net

http://www.KermitsPad.net

P.S. We have recently implemented a second pre-shipment inspection to our process to make sure no NM/MT books go out as MT. Additionally, we offer a full refund plus return shipping costs if you are not 100% satisfied.