• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

iZombie TV Show Trailer!

153 posts in this topic

There were all sorts of rumours abuzz that its was going to veer drastically away from the actual comic story.

It would seem to contain the basic premis (memories of the dead) - but in a more 'crime-fighting' way.

She was agravedigger in the comic. Be interesting to see if her sidekick is the ghost from the comic, or as implied, another Zombie.

Must say, does seem a bit better than I was expecting, but wether it rapidly becomes a one-trick-pony will decide the shows fate.

I stopped reading I-Zombie after about 15 issues as I found it to be boring.

I'll give the show a go though, based on that trailer. I wasn't going to before.

Thanks for the link (thumbs u

I'll be watching for sure. Seems like a nice change of pace for the regular comic book/superhero show.

FYI Jack of Fables #45 does have an iZombie preview in it, although wasn't out before House of Mystery Annual #1 and Fables #94. But it's pretty much a dollar book... as of now.

I think House of Mystery Ann would be the book for this, IF the series proves to be a hit.. I think getting them now at 30-40 is probably a hell of a bargain if they will get to even just Strain #1 levels..

Im not even talking about the other popular show..

You know...

the one that.. Uh.. Like... Everyone is trying to be like

I-Zombie is the book.

Still pick-up a 9.4 graded for $40-$60

9.8 is knocking on $200.

And no, I haven't got any.

Those that have should slab asap. Seems a short term winner.

Looks good,but can it maintain being good on a weekly basis?

A lot of these shows start out off good with a strong pilot, but by episode 7 they get in a rut and become formulaic.

There is a lot of comic book/sci-fi shows I was greatly impressed with at the beginning, but by the 6 or 7th episode premiered I was already watching something else.

hm

Let`s hope this one has legs.

A lot of these shows start out off good with a strong pilot, but by episode 7 they get in a rut and become formulaic.

There is a lot of comic book/sci-fi shows I was greatly impressed with at the beginning, but by the 6 or 7th episode premiered I was already watching something else.

hm

If they stick to the original material it won't be a problem - but I'm guessing that they wont.

hm

A show with zombies, with a female lead character??

Nawwwwww..

How could that work???

I think House of Mystery Ann would be the book for this, IF the series proves to be a hit.. I think getting them now at 30-40 is probably a hell of a bargain if they will get to even just Strain #1 levels..

You know...

Agree that the HOM is the probably key book, but the iZombie 1 variant has the best cover by far.

You know...

Agree that the HOM is the probably key book, but the iZombie 1 variant has the best cover by far.

Actually I forgot about the iZombie variant.. Whats the print run on those?

Seriously? cooler than the HOMA cover?

That cover is pretty darn eerie

But if the TV show is gonna attract alot of female viewer, which I suspect it would, than youre probably right, the Izombie #1 variant is def a winner

You know...

But if the TV show is gonna attract alot of female viewer, which I suspect it would, than youre probably right, the Izombie #1 variant is def a winner

It's a TV show on the CW, aimed squarely at preteen/teens like my 13-year old daughter (who really liked the trailer) - from a speculation perspective, I'd be very wary about betting on this book because nobody from that demographic is going to care one whit about the comic book :shrug:

You know...

It's a TV show on the CW, aimed squarely at preteen/teens like my 13-year old daughter (who really liked the trailer) - from a speculation perspective, I'd be very wary about betting on this book because nobody from that demographic is going to care one whit about the comic book :shrug:

hm it really looks like 13 year old are into characters like Harley, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Gwen, so Im not suggesting they are the driving force behind the comic book female boom of late, but most likely involved indirectly... Dunno, dunno, I havent done a research, but the theme is very very marketable

As Aweandlorder alluded to, The Strain might be a comparable ceiling for this book rather than 'the next TWD'. A good spec book if you can buy cheap.

As far as variant cover, it's a 1:10. Photobucket isn't working with my new phone atm, but the variant cover has a 60's Mad Men vibe to it (similar to the artwork of Shag, if anyone knows him)

You know...

hm it really looks like 13 year old are into characters like Harley, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Gwen, so Im not suggesting they are the driving force behind the comic book female boom of late, but most likely involved indirectly... Dunno, dunno, I havent done a research, but the theme is very very marketable

They may be in to these characters, but that doesn't mean they're going to go out and spend any sort of real money on the actual comics. Which 13-year old is going to ask their parents for a high grade copy of MP #7, for instance?