• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

iZombie TV Show Trailer!

153 posts in this topic

iZombie EP Teases What's Coming In Season 3

Thanks to the latest edition of EW's Spoiler Room, we have a new morsel to chew on:

"I know it’s early, but what’s coming up on iZombie?" — Janie

"Here’s a little tease about season 3 to whet your appetite: 'Ravi will stumble upon a recipe to make zombie visions more vivid and longer lasting,' " EP Rob Thomas says.

As you know by now, when Liv feeds on the brains of murder victims, her zombie powers manifest themselves; She takes on the personality of the dead and has visions of their final moments, and that allows her, with help from Clive, to solve their murders. So, if Ravi has figured out a way to extend those visions, it could mean Liv will also have the personality traits of her victims for multiple episodes.

:ohnoez:

5 Reasons You Should Be Watching iZombie

iZombie, the funny and heartfelt romantic-comedy-zombie-drama from Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas, won't debut its season 3 until April. That gives you plenty of time to jump on Netflix and get caught up.

THE MYTHOLOGY

Each season, they've introduced a threat that totally makes sense in the context of the pilot and Liv's zombie "origin story," but builds on the past.

THE OPENING CREDITS

iZombie features an opening titles sequence utilizing the art of Michael Allred, the Madman creator and Silver Surfer artist responsible for the art on Vertigo's iZombie, the series on which the show is based.

YOU LIKE PUNS? OHHHH, WE'VE GOT PUNS.

There's so much wordplay in this show. Some of it is a little bit groan-inducing, but on the whole it's a ton fo fun. And occasionally you don't notice it until your second or third time through an episode, and then you slap your forehead like a sitcom character.

The main character of the series is a zombie named "Liv Moore."

RELATIONSHIPS

There are a number of relationships at the heart of the show, and we're not just talking about the romances.

THE CAST

There is not, on the whole, a funnier, more charming or entertaining cast in television than the iZombie crew.

lyoD7OS.png

Will 'iZombie' be renewed for another season?

izombie-header-990593.jpg

While the other DC shows have all been renewed, there is one still on the outs at the moment. CW's iZombie typically serves as a mid-season show, taking over while the Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, and Arrow go on sabbaticals.

The ratings for iZombie haven't been stellar, but they also haven't been bad. It's a constant for CW and is well reviewed by fans. It is likely to be renewed by the network, at least as of now. The synopsis for the latest episode can be found below.

NAMASTE — To help Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) solve the murder of a lifestyle guru, Liv (Rose McIver) consumes his brain and takes on his zen approach to life. Ravi’s (Rahul Kohli) old boss, Katty Kupps (guest star Christina Cox, “Arrow”), is getting closer to discovering the truth while also getting closer to Ravi. Meanwhile, Blaine (David Anders) and Peyton (Aly Michalka) continue their budding friendship, much to Ravi’s (Rahul Kohli) dismay. Lastly, Major (Robert Buckley) is struggling a bit at his new job.

Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Graham Norris.

iZombie airs Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

Here's a show we haven't heard from in a long while.

'Supergirl' Alum Izabela Vidovic Joins 'iZombie' Season 4

izombie-izabela-vidovic-1060518.jpg

Izabela Vidovic, who played a young Kara Danvers on a recent episode of Supergirl, will reportedly be joining iZombie's fourth season. The sixteen-year-old actress broke the news in an interview with Monsters and Critics, while promoting her role in the family drama Wonder.

"I will be on iZombie." Vidovic revealed. "They are introducing me as a new character so I’m very much looking forward to that and I’m currently filming that in Vancouver."

While some viewers will associate Vidovic with her role in Supergirl's 'Midvale', which was considered one of this season's standout episodes, her iZombie role will apparently be something else entirely.

"Well, my character’s name is Isobel and I unfortunately can’t really reveal too much because it’s going to ruin the whole storyline." Vidovic explained. "It’s a tricky character, however I’m very excited to be a part of it. I did work with the creator, Rob Thomas, on a pilot a few years ago so this is fun to be working again with him and Dan Etheridge as well."

The CW Announces 'iZombie' Season 4 Premiere Date

The CW has officially revealed the rest of their midseason slate, including the season four premiere of iZombie.

The fan-favorite series will return on Monday, February 26th at 9/8c, following the midseason debut of Legends of Tomorrow. (Which will be sort of sharing its timeslot with Supergirl for the remainder of the season.)

As fans will remember, iZombie ended things on a pretty dramatic note during last year's season finale, when Seattle was officially established as the country's zombie haven. And according to the show's cast and crew, things will be in a sort of "new normal" when season four picks back up.

"We're going to pick up next season three months later, and the United States has walled off Seattle like it's West Berlin," showrunner Rob Thomas teased to ComicBook.com after the season finale. "Chase is hanging on by a very thin thread; it's like every day is the Cuban missile crisis. Brains are coming in, but they aren't getting as many as they expected, and zombies are hungry. In fact, the opening sequence in season four is going to follow a brain from the moment a man dies somewhere in Texas to the moment it reaches the brain tube and is ingested by a Seattle zombie. In fact, it's even going to start earlier than that. We're going to see a commercial on TV; we want to get someone like Laura Linney making a commercial pleading for the people of the United States to sign their brain donor card."

“It’s so on-point politically right now." series star Rose McIver said during an interview with ComicBook.com last year. "It’s something I’m really proud to be a part of that in a comedy, zombie, fun show, still kind of is making comment about how we treat other and how we respond to having to coexist and tolerate and understand each other’s opinions.”