• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last eBay thread?

326 posts in this topic

This is a suggestion for all posters to keep threads cleaner. Don't quote 10 different posts in one. The eyes just glaze over when so much info is presented at once. Paraphrasing is much better. Also reduce the clutter in signatures. Post a couple of your books, images or quotes from famous personages if you must but 10-15? Way to busy. I spend more time scrolling than I do reading.

Cheers, Howard

PS In this thread no more martial arts posts please. You are making a tougher read even tougher.

he rides in for a cameo appearance on a moose or zamboni or whatever you guys use in the tundra and starts barking orders!

Don't forget Igloos ... I'm sitting here having Rotten Ronny's in Toronto in my igloo ....

Need a coffee ... It's cold ....

Despite what the opinion article would have you believe, eBay is not going anywhere. Will there be some changes? Sure. But what company doesn't change to keep up with the times? eBay has and will continue to evolve.

Will the money order come back now that PAYPAL moved on?

Just curious.

I'm sure PayPal will still partner with eBay, just like they did before eBay acquired them. I don;t see why there would be animosity between them... it's shareholder Icahn that's forcing the split as it benefits him in some complicated way. I've read at least one analyst that feels that PayPal, untethered to eBay, could actually become the world's single largest financial institution.

I'm not sure how easy it will be for eBay to overcome its debt without owning PayPal however. But a few billion here or there probably isn't as hard to raise as it once was.

...with Paypal divested from the debt albatross that eBay has become, he can likely get more for paypal than he paid for them both. He will likely re-structure eBay with an eye for redundancies and under-utilized revenue streams. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... he could also keep Paypal and turn it into his own under-regulated Bank.

...to remain in their unbiased 3rd Party status..... that would probably not be feasible. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Agreed,plus comic books would become even more of a niche, then it is now without EBay. Thousand of comic books are sold on EBay, so too lose that venue would be devastating for the casual seller.

One thing is the keys should be ok, as they will still be sold on the big auction sites.

992,975 sold transactions in past 3 months today

of which 29,397 sold multiple items between 2 and 200

Thats roughly 300,000 transactions a month on eBay

House music all night long

Despite what the opinion article would have you believe, eBay is not going anywhere. Will there be some changes? Sure. But what company doesn't change to keep up with the times? eBay has and will continue to evolve.

Just curious.

I sure hope so. I absolutely loved having to leave my house, waste my gas, and wait in line for 10 minutes just so I could buy a MO. The best part was putting it into an envelope only to realize I was all out of stamps.

Those were the days.

The money order was one of my two secret ways to get deals on EBay.

I would specifically look for auctions that would only accept money orders because I knew the bidding would be less.

Usually the prices would be much lower for money order auctions then Paypal ones

My other secret was to bid on EBay auctions that had no pictures.

I would just go by the feedback that the seller was good at grading.

I did the same with auctions without pics. It wouldn't bother me to buy without pics from sellers today as long as they head positive condition/grade feedback. I had at least 1000 purchases prior to pics and rarely had problems and none that couldn't be resolved. Would you still buy like that today ?

Theres a place that does that today

Its called Amazon

This is a suggestion for all posters to keep threads cleaner. Don't quote 10 different posts in one. The eyes just glaze over when so much info is presented at once. Paraphrasing is much better. Also reduce the clutter in signatures. Post a couple of your books, images or quotes from famous personages if you must but 10-15? Way to busy. I spend more time scrolling than I do reading.

Cheers, Howard

PS In this thread no more martial arts posts please. You are making a tougher read even tougher.

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

You mean this sort of thing? :insane:

Just curious.

I sure hope so. I absolutely loved having to leave my house, waste my gas, and wait in line for 10 minutes just so I could buy a MO. The best part was putting it into an envelope only to realize I was all out of stamps.

Those were the days.

The money order was one of my two secret ways to get deals on EBay.

I would specifically look for auctions that would only accept money orders because I knew the bidding would be less.

Usually the prices would be much lower for money order auctions then Paypal ones

My other secret was to bid on EBay auctions that had no pictures.

I would just go by the feedback that the seller was good at grading.

I did the same with auctions without pics. It wouldn't bother me to buy without pics from sellers today as long as they head positive condition/grade feedback. I had at least 1000 purchases prior to pics and rarely had problems and none that couldn't be resolved. Would you still buy like that today ?

Theres a place that does that today

Its called Amazon

if you think eBay is tough for sellers-- my personal experience is that Amazon is much worse-- from a small seller perspective at least.

it's officially Friday

several VS discussions including

Kav VS Roy

Kav VS Bookery

Kav vs Roundkicks

Kav vs 1st appearance of Wolverine

Kav vs Previews/Ads

Kav vs eBay Scum

Kav vs Comic shop owners pre eBay

So much I have typed... only to shake my head, close out the screen and walk away after thinking better of it.

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

You mean this sort of thing? :insane:

Eff off with that!

Kav vs Kav-now that would be a Friday thread

No. No it would not.

I seem to have attracted a troll. Wasn't your last snipe at me poofed?

Kav vs Kav-now that would be a Friday thread

No. No it would not.

The best thing you can do is simply ignore him if you find what someone says irritating.

Don't point it out to them as they are too busy marveling at the words created from their fingertips to reflect on what you have to offer.

Don't engage them as it only offers them another opportunity to marvel at the words created from their fingertips.

Accept the fact that they are never going to stop.

Accept the fact that they are never going to listen.

Accept the fact that they are what they are.

Side note: You own some of the few comic stores that if I was ever on vacation, I would use some of that time to stop at a comic store and look around. This is coming from a guy that never walks into comic stores in other states to "look around."

So... good job... you seem to do very well, and you seem to run an excellent ship. You know what you do and you do it well... Continue on.