• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC combo packs.. variants?

176 posts in this topic

Here's a thought.. did anyone open a combo pack book to see if it has a different code on each one? so to distinguish them from other books? or are they all the same code on each book hm

I've been opening the ones I buy. Each code appears to be randomized. Even the codes DC uses to identify the issue change. For instance, Batman 38 might show BM38 as the first part of the code, but Batman 37 might have BTMN37 at the start of the code.

Here's a thought.. did anyone open a combo pack book to see if it has a different code on each one? so to distinguish them from other books? or are they all the same code on each book hm

I've been opening the ones I buy. Each code appears to be randomized. Even the codes DC uses to identify the issue change. For instance, Batman 38 might show BM38 as the first part of the code, but Batman 37 might have BTMN37 at the start of the code.

Thank you for this.. My question is, do all Batman 38, lets say, have the same code number..

It would be kinda cool if they all had unique numbers.. And if they were serially numbered that would enable us to tell what the print run was.. Kinda like a limited edition run!!

Does that make sense?

The fact these books have gained interest have confirmed my feelings about all types of unintentional variants.

If it's not able to be seen as a difference on the cover itself, nobody really cares.

Mark Jeweler insert variants had about the same ratio as these books: around 5% of the run. Almost nobody cares about them, they rarely fetch a premium at all unless its a key. I have always felt it is because you cannot even tell its a MJ variant just by looking at the cover. The only difference is inside.

These books have a different shade of color and a diamond at the bottom telling us its a combo pack which makes them easily distinguishable from their counterparts.

Just like cent variants, if there is a difference on the cover, its golden.

I actually like these books and have been picking them up when I see them, I am just amazed at how fickle the collector base can be sometimes concerning rare, unintended variants.

There's a diff color scheme, a different print number indicator, a sticker on the cover, a digital code redeemer and its bagged.

I would argue that its more than a variant than just a different cover. But thats me

I know what is different about the books.

It's the cover that matters.

BTW, I am TOTALLY not taking these out of their bags,, Again, just my own collectible preference

Don't know if the bags really matter. Might as well keep them for now but will it matter when others get them graded

The fact these books were originally bagged makes the bagged ones different then all the others of course.

But when talking about these books unbagged.

The difference is the Color, and graphics/logo for the combo pack. If these variations were not on the cover, nobody would care.

The code inside doesn't matter, just like a MJ insert inside, not many would care or notice.

BTW, I am TOTALLY not taking these out of their bags,, Again, just my own collectible preference

Don't know if the bags really matter. Might as well keep them for now but will it matter when others get them graded

In the long run, they will matter if these books pick up a larger collecting base. They will be much harder to find than the opened ones.

In the long run, they will matter if these books pick up a larger collecting base. They will be much harder to find than the opened ones.

Good point. I am just thinking the condition of the book will be more valuable than the plastic it's wrapped in.