• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC combo packs.. variants?

176 posts in this topic

huh so this is a thing.

I was hunting for early copies of Batman at a show last week and picked up copies of #5 and #7 out of a $6 modern box. The #5 was the combo variant and the different colour threw me for a loop. I was debating wether it reduced the value (didn't know if the combo print run was higher or lower than standard). Glad to see that I made the right call. Gonna keep my eyes out for more of these, maybe I can put a Batman combo run together.

That's great! 5 is the kicker for me, and 8. If I could track down the two of those at a decent price, I'd have the complete Batman set. It's a fun run to collect. I'd wish you good luck, but you've already grabbed two of the toughest books in the set!

I'm very sllllooooolllly collecting a set of Batman 9.8 cgc's, until someone realizes they should be way more valuable considering how rare they are. Then I will sell them all and retire to a Greek Island.

I've joined the hunt and found quite a few at my LCS for cover. About (12) JLA's, Superman Unchained 1 & 2, Green Lantern 31 & 36, Superman 31 & 39. Big fan of JLA 38 because it's a great Batman cover! Bummed that Aquaman and The Flash don't have them.

So do the combos have accurate print runs information?

It would be nice to establish a scarcity list.

comichron.com has reports on their website. Super low. The latest ones from past 6 months are equivalent to 1:100 or less on most titles

comichron.com has reports on their website. Super low. The latest ones from past 6 months are equivalent to 1:100 or less on most titles

That is truly amazing!

The best thing is, this thread hasn't attracted the anti-speculators yet. Man are they a whiny, miserable bunch.

This is not accurate.

This is not accurate.

according to comichron. Yes it is

Serious questions for your great minds.

Are they labeled differently than the standard copy?

If Comicron is correct, or even close they are far less printed than a 1:25 yes?

I've yet to get any of them but #40 is very intriguing to me with its contents. Especially since I'm changing directions in my PC and focusing on Batman related books.

Yup, I renounce my #TeamSlippers membership. (I hear Jay applauding in my head)

#TeamSilk needs more members...she's the unloved Spider Babe

I bought the last 2 this morning but he might get more

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Cover-Combo-Polybag-Endgame/dp/B00WEB86MM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429547016&sr=8-3&keywords=batman+40+endgame

I agree about Silk! Loving my graded Silk #1 Lee variant and ASM #4 Ramos variants!!! What a great character - so much potential

Congrats on the pickup! I'm hoping my orders are kept - *fingers crossed*

#TeamSilk needs more members...she's the unloved Spider Babe

I bought the last 2 this morning but he might get more

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Cover-Combo-Polybag-Endgame/dp/B00WEB86MM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429547016&sr=8-3&keywords=batman+40+endgame

Spammer!

lol

I actually love Silk. While at East Coast comiccon I noticed quite a few silk cosplayers and only one SG :o

Good luck with your combo pack orders. I ordered a few through Midtown and bought a few online, so between both, Im hopeful I will get some or all as I bought them for cover.

I wonder if the high interest in this book will dictate a higher print run for the combos on #40 hm

Any guesses as to which will be the "Combo Grail"? hm

ALA Star Wars 35 cent grail

Green Lantern 28 has been next to impossible for me to find. Gone from everywhere I've looked and haven't seen any pop up on eBay.

Doc,

On GrahamCrackers.com, look under Red Lanterns #28. It's a flip book with Green Lantern and Red Lanterns #28.