• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Spider-Gwen #1 a sign of the bubble reaching its peak?

178 posts in this topic

Eh, your opinion.

Tell all that to Deadpool fans.

Sometimes lightning strikes. There are way more than 250 Gwen fans out there.

I will give it to issue 5 or 6 before I let you say, "I told you so!".

But to me, this is a fast moving train, my friend, so get on board.

Plus I know you love to argue, lol .

The perception of scarcity is a significant driver of "value" in the collectibles market. There are undoubtedly several hundreds more dealer copies of these working their way through CGC's assembly line as we speak, and scores of other fidgety potential sellers wondering if/when they should throw their personal copies (back) on the market before the bubble pops.

Once the initial rush of speculators and bandwagon collectors have whetted their impulsive appetites there will need to be more than "neat costume" to sustain the book.

This book (or rather this character) may very well be the thing we look back on realize this is when "something changed" (or perhaps when speculative irrational exuberance overtook content and canon).

Whether that will be a good thing or bad thing, or in six months or six years is the question.

-J.

I agree to a point.

That's why I keep telling the flippers they have 12 days to decide which side of the fence they are on.

Once #1 comes out, there is no going back.

i agree with there being too many variants being produced for this title, but yet people are buying them.... i believe spider-gwen more then likely is here to stay, but the question is if this whole thing going crazy about her right now is here to stay? well that remains to be seen. it might eventually simmer down. and i hate to bring it up because others have, but look at harley quinn. Her current first appearance and anything she's on sells like hotcakes.

i THINK Gwen is currently Marvel's big female star that is attracting alot of people.

Let's see what happens, all of us speculating won't tell us jack....

Good chance some potentially hot comics are being lost in the Spider Gwen shuffle...I guess it will shake out eventually.

I think some 3rd, 4th, and 5th issues of some Image books are being ignored. It reminds me of Rat Queens issues 3, especially 4, and 5. They are tough gets today and lots of people want them.

Good chance some potentially hot comics are being lost in the Spider Gwen shuffle...I guess it will shake out eventually.

I think some 3rd, 4th, and 5th issues of some Image books are being ignored. It reminds me of Rat Queens issues 3, especially 4, and 5. They are tough gets today and lots of people want them.

I agree.

One book I've really liked is Birthright.

It has sold out every issue, but no one talks about it at all.

Rumble seems to have a lot of fans.

Several more I'm sure I am forgetting.