• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Powers - Playstation Network Series

51 posts in this topic

I just saw the Powers series trailer, and it looks pretty cool.

I am not familiar with the comic series. Has anyone else seen the trailer, and can tell if it follows the comics pretty closely?

I have never purchased much from PSN, except for game add-ons, but I am thinking this may be worth checking into.

BTW, the trailer is on the Equalizer Blu-Ray.

Wow looks awful compare to the book. Walker seemed totally off.

It is a short trailer, but I'm not sure it looks good...

Well, Walker & Deena look considerably different.

The trailer is intriguing.

Appearance doesn't bother me. The smashing the window just felt off. He was always sort of even keeled.

You've read the book, right?

Read every issue.

I know it was short, but both Deena and Walker felt off. Deena always put off this smug confidence thing. She was witty and smart. She seemed unsure of herself and nervous in the trailer the way she was asking for help. Walker, like I said, always felt calm and collected. We see his anger rarely.

The show also didn't look dark enough. The book always captured this cool Noir feel. The show looked bright and colorful.

We'll see… Maybe I should go back and read the early issues again. I've read "Who Killed Retro Girl?" at least 5 or 6 times. Oh and did it seem like they were starting with that story? It felt like they were focusing on the fact Walker used to have Powers- something they should slowly introduce, IMO.

Playstation network? Who's going to see this, like 7 people?

Peace,

Chip

lol.

I still own a PS3 but only sign on to PSN to get onto Netflix. Seeing how PSN is setup it would be difficult to advertise this unless you are surfing through trailers or know about the comic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/eddie-izzard-devours-the-poetic-darkness-of-his-powers-role

"Powers" is the first original series to debut on the PlayStation Network -- an attempt by Sony to move PSN into similar space at streaming services like Netflix and Hulu Plus. "There's a lot of ambition there," Izzard shared. "People really want to make this work. We're kind of out there on a limb -- we're a new network, but it's [a] post-Netflix situation."

Just read the particulars for this online. The "will have commercials" made me shake my head. Sony does that with Crackle, which makes it practically unwatchable imho. Unless you have zero other choices, time on your hands and the patience of a Saint.

Sony really needs to re-think how they do commercials.