• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Powers - Playstation Network Series

51 posts in this topic

I watched the first three episodes and I really want to like this show based on its premise (I hope the books have the same premise as I plan to pick up the trades). Unfortunately everything they can get wrong is wrong.

The story is written like a bad fanfiction with worse dialog (especially between Walker & Pilgrim); it just doesn't work on any level. Their interaction is empty and often I wondered why Pilgrim was being completely retarded about pretty much everything with the very heavy handed new cop that follows the book cliche.

I liked Sharlto Copley as an actor in most of his movies but in this series it looks like he has dead eyes and just delivering lines, it is dis-heartening. Something is just completely off with how he acts and what he says; even his body movements are weird at times. I almost think he is just playing a game of: how much will they let me get away with screwing around before anyone notices. I was also really hoping Eddie Izzard would be a bright spot in a bad show but no such luck.

All the sets and CGI look like a bad Asylum film; all in all this is a bad show that looks to have been put out just say "hey look, we have superhero show too... but it's super edgy." "you kids still love unresolved gilmore girls style angst right... right?"

No Playstation, no I do not; please stop.

I've watched all three episodes and can't wait for more.

It has flaws, but IMO it's better than all the other current superhero TV shows put together. So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

It also has one of my favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy actors in it...Michelle Forbes.

nnzdahm.jpg

I've watched all three episodes and can't wait for more.

It has flaws, but IMO it's better than all the other current superhero TV shows put together. So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

It also has one of my favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy actors in it...Michelle Forbes.

nnzdahm.jpg

4FGkGj5.jpg

That´s what she said :makepoint:

POWERS Gets Second Season But Loses Showrunner Over 'Creative Differences'

With news out that Sony's TV adaptation of Powers has been renewed for a second season, showrunner Charlie Huston has revealed on his website that he is leaving the show.

"These kinds of changes are common in TV, and usually based on several factors, but this one boils down to the old saw 'creative differences,'" says Huston. "As the show changes creatively, it will require some changes in personnel."

Huston says he is leaving the show entirely, but that producer Remi Aubuchon and co-creators/producers Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming are continuing on.

POWERS Gets Second Season But Loses Showrunner Over 'Creative Differences'

With news out that Sony's TV adaptation of Powers has been renewed for a second season, showrunner Charlie Huston has revealed on his website that he is leaving the show.

"These kinds of changes are common in TV, and usually based on several factors, but this one boils down to the old saw 'creative differences,'" says Huston. "As the show changes creatively, it will require some changes in personnel."

Huston says he is leaving the show entirely, but that producer Remi Aubuchon and co-creators/producers Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming are continuing on.

it could work out better with out him has the showrunner maybe the next person can't bring something different to teh show and make it a lot more fun.

it isn't bad. I'm still not buying Sharlto Copley as Walker tho. And Pilgrim needs a bigger role in the series. I thought she could be used better. And Retro Girl's outfit? Ugh. I hate when shows make light of the comic outfits & use them as a joke. They did that. But I got over it.

Overall tho? Pretty solid B+ show. Not as good as Flash or Arrow. About on par with the 2nd half of SHIELD Season 1. I think they have a lot of room for improvement in season 2 but have a good start.

I just picked up the season at Best Buy to give it a try. It is currently pretty cheap on Amazon and. Best Buy will price match.

I'll post some follow up once I've watched it all.

:popcorn:

I just picked up the season at Best Buy to give it a try. It is currently pretty cheap on Amazon and. Best Buy will price match.

I'll post some follow up once I've watched it all.

:popcorn:

If anyone is really interested in watching it you can see it for free on Crackle. It was meh IMO.