• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shops in Baltimore, MD?

12 posts in this topic

My wife has a conference in Baltimore mid-march for 4 days and I decided to tag along. I'll have most days free, so a LCS day is in the cards. Any recommendations?

We'll be staying in the inner harbor area.

Thanks in advance...

Comics cards and collectibles is a great store with a good supply of back issues. It is outside of baltimore though--in Reisterstown

It's Cards, Comics and Collectibles...but I agree 100%. Definitely worth the 20-30 minutes or so drive up from the Inner Harbor area... (thumbs u

http://cardscomicscollectibles.com/directions/

Gorilla King Comics is not far from the harbor in Fells Point. I've never been in it. Seems to have good reviews.

https://plus.google.com/107841351429278222014/about?hl=en

Every now and again I go to Collector's Corner in Parkville. They're very organized and have good quantities of comics. They don't have a lot of back issues, but what they have is VERY organized, including some grouped into buyable sets. They're also one of the few places in the DC/MD area that had $1 bin comics. But Parkville is about a 30 minute drive from the harbor. And there is no bus that will take you out to Parkville.

I've been into LEGENDS COMIC SHOP, and I don't want to speak badly about it, but it's about 50% comics and 50% games. Their back-issue selection is tiny. Every single back issue of Dark Horse fit in about half of a long box. I asked if they had any more stashed somewhere, and they said "Nope. if it's not there, we don't have it." They're not rude or anything. Just nothing to browse but current and recent releases.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

Should have a separate section on here where folks can list local comic book stores by state and review them etc. I have learned of a few comic book stores locally from the threads in here that I didn't even know about. Also when on vacation i always try to find a comic book store in the area and that would be a great resource .

Comics cards and collectibles is a great store with a good supply of back issues. It is outside of baltimore though--in Reisterstown

I've recently switched to Comics, Cards, and Collectibles as my LCS. If you can get out there, they have a pretty decent inventory and are helpful. The store is oddly arranged, but they just have a ton of stuff.

In the city, the stores just aren't that great. They try to appeal to foot traffic and I've just never found a store I like that much.

I've never been to many stores on the South Side/Annapolis side of the city as I live on the north side.

Edited by Official Chris S.

Cards, Comics and Collectibles is my LCS. He has a little bit of everything, and the shop is awesome. It has an old school feel.

Alternate Worlds, Collectors Corner, Gorilla King, are all in/around Baltimore as well and they are all good. Third Eye in Annapolis is also great, it's worth the 45ish minute drive. Also the Westminster Antique Mall has a dealer inside that sells older comics. The prices are hit or miss but I've found good stuff there.

Also check out Geppi's Entertainment Museum while you're here!

Anyone have any recommendation for the Baltimore and Washington DC area as far as sites to see and places to eat...plus any other comic shop recommendations other than what is here?

Will be in that area next week!

9 hours ago, Meeklo said:

Anyone have any recommendation for the Baltimore and Washington DC area as far as sites to see and places to eat...plus any other comic shop recommendations other than what is here?

Will be in that area next week!

Um, the DC area has a few things to see :foryou:. Where will you be staying?

DC has become a real foodie town - it all depends on where you're staying and what you're wanting to spend.

DC is the worst big city in the country for comic stores. Go to Cards, Comics, and Collectibles in Reisterstown, as stated above, but then come down here for tourism and food.

Staying in Baltimore but visiting DC.

I'm having a hard time trying to find good places to eat. We won't have a car so it has to be something in walking distance from the National Mall area, around the BWI airport, and between Penn Station and Inner Harbor.

Edited by Meeklo