• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100,000 book haul

80 posts in this topic

Wow but even if there are say 15,000 comics worth decent money it still leaves you with 85,000 books and a storage bill of at least $200 a month. You need an exit plan
Depending on location I guess. I had a 10x10 storage and it was $50 a month. I imagine a 10X20 would be no more than $100, or else just get two 10x10's. Selling 85000 comics might be hard though unless you find someone willing to buy a cherry picked collection. I doubt it. Not one that size. I've sold collections in the 5000 range cherry picked to people who didn't seem to care, just happy to be buying a truckload of comics for cheap. But how many times could I do that without reaching out to a wider area? So yeah, a year or two of storage and hard work to get rid of the drek.

I sense a lot of butthurt going on in this thread. Dude did great IMO. In another one of his vids he mentioned finding 200-300 copies of Star Wars #1 in there.
:o

I'd like to see them spread out on the floor...that's a game changer depending on what he paid for the lot...I think people are messaging him from all over the country to help with the breakdown of that lot...won't be near as bad as doing it by yourself.

Waiting for the posts about how he took advantage of the guy and didn't pay FMV for it.

I sense a lot of butthurt going on in this thread. Dude did great IMO. In another one of his vids he mentioned finding 200-300 copies of Star Wars #1 in there.
:o

I'd like to see them spread out on the floor...that's a game changer depending on what he paid for the lot...I think people are messaging him from all over the country to help with the breakdown of that lot...won't be near as bad as doing it by yourself.

I'd be all about it just to play in a collection that big for a few hours/days if I lived anywhere close. If nothing else, that would be like the most interesting version of going quarter bin diving I'd had in a while.