• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100,000 book haul

80 posts in this topic

selling $1 books at shows sounds great in theory but you need to do a lot of shows to put a dent in the likely # of dollar books in a 100K book hoard. and frankly, i don't see being able to sell a lot of the krapola that way either. i can get some decent stuff out of dollar boxes, maybe not stuff with viable internet flippability in it anymore, but good stuff for a collector/reader. last show I went to i got a stack of Bones from like the teens through the 40s or whatever (the CB series) and my kid was thrilled as Bone is actually one title nine year olds read. one of these days they'll do a movie or tv show and those will probably pop.

Anyone watch this guys recent videos? Over 400 Star Wars #1 and over 150 Ms. Marvel #1 just to name a few discoveries.

With 100,000 comics total, and if he plays his cards right, do you think this could be a million dollar eventual resell?

Anyone watch this guys recent videos? Over 400 Star Wars #1 and over 150 Ms. Marvel #1 just to name a few discoveries.

With 100,000 comics total, and if he plays his cards right, do you think this could be a million dollar eventual resell?

I wouldn't pay expensive prices on Star Wars#1,or Ms. Marvel #1's.Now that this guy just flooded the market. lol

Based on what I saw of the collection on video it isn't a lot of high grade stuff. So I doubt it's flooding the CGC high grade market of these books but regardless we all know there are tons of these Bronze Age keys around

I didn't see many pre 1975 Bronze keys hoarded the way the post 75 keys were in this find.

And I'm slightly shocked that a previous comic store owner from the 70's who had the foresight to hoard these books for potential speculative purposes in his garage, wouldn't have put them out to market by this time. Just a very unusual circumstance to this discovery.

I wouldn't pay expensive prices on Star Wars#1,or Ms. Marvel #1's.Now that this guy just flooded the market. lol

How interesting would it be for him to pull out a box with a couple hundred Hulk 181's from this find. I'd probably fall out my chair if I saw that.

How interesting would it be for him to pull out a box with a couple hundred Hulk 181's from this find. I'd probably fall out my chair if I saw that.

I can't see that book crashing,prices lowered maybe? I think 181 is like AF15,there seems to be an insatiable demand for it.

You need to know some people in the biz to deal with this sort of volume.

A friend of mine got wind of an old store accumulation (about the same size, apx 300 long boxes) which after some negotiations we got the lot for $2500.

The owners bought it from a relative whose store was closing, thinking they could make some money on it, but they didn't have a clue on how to go about marketing that much volume.

Roger and I bought it, paid some day labor to load it and haul it into my (fortunately empty) garage, where we commenced to spend the next several evenings going through and grabbing anything worthwhile.

We then wholesaled 200 boxes to a dealer acquaintance who buys bulk lots and store overstocks on a regular basis and knows how to market the stuff.

He paid $12.50 a long box and walked away at a price that left some meat on the bone for him, and Roger and I got 50 long boxes apiece for essentially nothing but our labor.

If you buy cheap enough and have an outlet it's well worthwhile, and 50 longboxes is hugely easier to deal with than 150.

But you have to have a plan going in, some ready cash, space for the bulk, and buy dirt cheap. If I hadn't had an empty garage at the time we would have had to pass.

Even a three month rental on a 10 by 20 unit takes a bite out of any profit, and even a 50 box lot takes space and time to move.

He still hasn't showed the 300 Star Wars #1, some guy even questioned him on it but he hasn't shown them yet. The most he's shown of any given issue is 25 copies. Starting to wonder if this is a crock.

He mentioned 400 copies of Star Wars #1 but never showed it, unless I missed something?

No, he hasn't shown it yet. He just mentioned that one full box had nothing but Star Wars #1, and other boxes with #2 and up.

He still hasn't showed the 300 Star Wars #1, some guy even questioned him on it but he hasn't shown them yet. The most he's shown of any given issue is 25 copies. Starting to wonder if this is a crock.

He mentioned 400 copies of Star Wars #1 but never showed it, unless I missed something?

No, he hasn't shown it yet. He just mentioned that one full box had nothing but Star Wars #1, and other boxes with #2 and up.

He did show a stack of over 100 to 150 Ms. Marvel's #1 on one of his videos.

Which video is that? I only saw the one which he showed 25 copies of Ms Marvel 1 and they were mid grade

He has several videos up, showing hundreds of quality books in quantity. To the point that he probably realized he was not doing himself any favors by showing off so much material, with the growing persistent question of how much did he pay for it from the watchers.

He owes nothing. I cannot think of a good reason for him to do a full audit in public.

Which video is that? I only saw the one which he showed 25 copies of Ms Marvel 1 and they were mid grade

This one

Watch until the end