• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIX GRADED BOOKS RETURNED TODAY

63 posts in this topic

I'm even proud of my $30 ASM 50 (CGC 2.5). It's just such a great cover that it doesn't matter how many creases it may have, it's still a beauty to me. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If I could get all the early ASM (1-20 or so) in 3.0 to 4.0, I'd be perfectly OK with that.

Spending time on these boards will at first make you want to spend every spare dollar you have to acquire uber-high-grade copies of everything you're looking for.

Too true. When I first started buying back issues after joining the forums I looked for NM only. I quickly realized the folly in that apporoach. Now the overwhelming majority of my comics fall in the Fine to Very Fine range. I still seek out HG copies of certain books but those books are few and far between when compared to the rest of my collection.

Spending time on these boards will at first make you want to spend every spare dollar you have to acquire uber-high-grade copies of everything you're looking for.

Too true. When I first started buying back issues after joining the forums I looked for NM only. I quickly realized the folly in that apporoach. Now the overwhelming majority of my comics fall in the Fine to Very Fine range. I still seek out HG copies of certain books but those books are few and far between when compared to the rest of my collection.

Actually, I would disagree. Not all of us are going to want to go out and by high grade silver age ASM, FF, or X-Men just because of these boards. I don't feel the need to own an 8.0 or 8.5 ASM #9. Sure it'd be nice, but I'll never spend that much on a book. I'll find a cheaper 4.0 and grin.gif all the way home.

Actually, I would disagree. Not all of us are going to want to go out and by high grade silver age ASM, FF, or X-Men just because of these boards. I don't feel the need to own an 8.0 or 8.5 ASM #9. Sure it'd be nice, but I'll never spend that much on a book. I'll find a cheaper 4.0 and grin.gif all the way home.

good for you........ thumbsup2.gif

I was speaking about myself specifically. gossip.gif

But your point is taken.

True but, a HG would probably but a bigger smile on your face and you would be dancing all the way home yay.gif

True but, a HG would probably but a bigger smile on your face and you would be dancing all the way home yay.gif

Yes grin.gif

But I would never be able to buy the book in the first place, so there would be no dancing 27_laughing.gif I'm vowing never to spend more than $300-400 on a single book. Ever. Unless I become a millionaire.

Nice Avengers 57....you ever want to get rid of it shoot me a PM. I love books in 6.0-8.0 condition (even though a lot of mid-grade haters around here don't mad.gifgossip.gif)

Who bashes mid-grades around here? I hear people say that a lot, but I don't see it. If anything, there are people with date stamp pet peeves and writing pet peeves and Marvel chipping pet peeves, but I don't think I've seen anyone bash mid-grade books.

Actually Scott I'll disagree with this point, there is a sect of HG mob mentality around here. I've seen numerous scans of Mid to Low Grade stuff (GA aside) it is often followed by certain members who have a tendency to post.

confused-smiley-013.gif or

confused.gif

Nice Avengers 57....you ever want to get rid of it shoot me a PM. I love books in 6.0-8.0 condition (even though a lot of mid-grade haters around here don't mad.gifgossip.gif)

Who bashes mid-grades around here? I hear people say that a lot, but I don't see it. If anything, there are people with date stamp pet peeves and writing pet peeves and Marvel chipping pet peeves, but I don't think I've seen anyone bash mid-grade books.

Actually Scott I'll disagree with this point, there is a sect of HG mob mentality around here. I've seen numerous scans of Mid to Low Grade stuff (GA aside) it is often followed by certain members who have a tendency to post.

confused-smiley-013.gif or

confused.gif

Well.. I gotta admit, if we all posted our mid grades .. we would be here all day.

So I can see how some folks here might not be too thrilled about lookng at..or grading other peoples Middies. We ALL have lots of those.

That is why the HG stuff is good for show and tell. We get to see some kick arse books we otherwise might not be privy to.

Me personally .. I love to see them all, but I can understand why some might feel it is sleeping.gif

Ze-

I like to buy hg comics, but I do it slowly, and I'm only collecting one comic in cgc format. (batman ) I like the registry and it's fun to have the hcgc (until someone else gets one higher.) I would rather keep my midgrades out of the slabs, cuz then i can read them. Even before cgc, I would go to other cities and check out the comic book back issues. I still tried to buy hg comics. Now of course I wish I hadn't been so selective. point is: collect what you want just have fun. dont spend your retirement on it.

I like to buy hg comics, but I do it slowly, and I'm only collecting one comic in cgc format. (batman ) I like the registry and it's fun to have the hcgc (until someone else gets one higher.) I would rather keep my midgrades out of the slabs, cuz then i can read them. Even before cgc, I would go to other cities and check out the comic book back issues. I still tried to buy hg comics. Now of course I wish I hadn't been so selective. point is: collect what you want just have fun. dont spend your retirement on it.

EXCELLANT ATTITUDE !!!!

Some of us live vicariously[sic] thru our comic books, and

some of us don't live in mom's basement. 27_laughing.gif

There was nothing easy about this grading. I definitely learned that I AM NOT a grader. 27_laughing.gifsorry.gif

It looks like you basically agreed with all the grades. confused.gif

I agree-being 1/2 point off isn't all that uncommon. Thanks for sharing your books and grades, khurst!