• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katee Sackhoff to play Ms. Marvel?

222 posts in this topic

Results from a poll on IGN...

Yvonne Strahovski - 22.94%

Katee Sackhoff - 17.81%

Emily Blunt - 9.16%

Katheryn Winnick - 7.94%

Olivia Wilde - 6.57%

Kristen Bell 5.64%

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - 4.17%

Emilia Clarke - 3.87%

Rosamund Pike - 3.63%

Anna Torv - 3.37%

Evan Rachel Wood - 2.81%

Amanda Seyfried - 2.51%

Gemma Arterton - 2.23%

Julia Stiles - 1.97%

Sienna Miller - .69%

Michelle Williams - .56%

I honestly think that Evan Rachel Wood should be in the top 5 easily with Katee, Katheryn, Yvonne and Emily. And how can people not want Katee as Carol? She did a great job as the Pink Ranger!!!!!

But, I do agree that Emily Blunt kicked major booty in Edge of Tomorrow (a very under-rated movie).

CAPTAIN MARVEL Co-Writer Talks Scripting Process And Avoiding "SUPERMAN... With Boobs"

"We’ve been talking a lot about archetypes and what we want this movie to be about and just how to write a strong female superhero without making it Superman with boobs," Nicole Perlman said of the Captain Marvel movie. "Meg and I are doing a lot of brainstorming and we’ll catch ourselves and say, ‘Wait a minute, what are we saying [here] about women in power?’ Then we have to say, ‘Why are we getting so hung up on that? We should just tell the best story and build the best character.’ And then we have this constant back-and-forth about how to tell a story that is compelling, entertaining, moving, kick-, and fun, and also be aware of what those larger implications might be. It’s a lot more complicated than just writing Guardians of the Galaxy."

CAPTAIN MARVEL Co-Writer Talks Scripting Process And Avoiding "SUPERMAN... With Boobs"

"We’ve been talking a lot about archetypes and what we want this movie to be about and just how to write a strong female superhero without making it Superman with boobs," Nicole Perlman said of the Captain Marvel movie. "Meg and I are doing a lot of brainstorming and we’ll catch ourselves and say, ‘Wait a minute, what are we saying [here] about women in power?’ Then we have to say, ‘Why are we getting so hung up on that? We should just tell the best story and build the best character.’ And then we have this constant back-and-forth about how to tell a story that is compelling, entertaining, moving, kick-, and fun, and also be aware of what those larger implications might be. It’s a lot more complicated than just writing Guardians of the Galaxy."

That sounds like a little shade thrown at James Gunn... hm

Don't think so...Nicole Perlman wrote the -script for 'Guardians of the Galaxy', so she's comparing that process with the challenge of writing Ms. Marvel. Must be her take on how this movie is going to be more of a challenge?

Dan

Is Emily Blunt On Marvel's Radar For CAPTAIN MARVEL?

During today's Meet The Movie press, co-host Mark Reilly of The Schmoes Know said he's heard that it's actually a "done deal", and Blunt has landed the part of Carol Danvers in the movie. Now, as guest host El Mayimbe points put, this seems unlikely given the fact that the studio has yet to hire (or at least announce) a director, BUT, that doesn't mean Blunt isn't who they want for the role and it's entirely possible some discussions have taken place.

We'll see how accurate this is soon.

She's a very underrated actress IMO.

Some think she's box office poison,but I think she hasn't picked the right -script.

Is Ms. Marvel that -script though? I don't see her as Ms. Marvel in the slightest.

I dunno. After seeing Edge of Tomorrow, I could totally see her as Carol.

Some think she's box office poison,but I think she hasn't picked the right -script.

Is Ms. Marvel that -script though? I don't see her as Ms. Marvel in the slightest.

Exactly!

Ive tried to forget that movie since I saw it.

Ive tried to forget that movie since I saw it.

You and I must have seen a different movie.

:foryou: