• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$900,000 "economy" shipping for an eBay auction

15 posts in this topic

Here is a little levity for your evening.

http://ebay.to/1Edtcpx

A one cent final bid for this copy of The Umbrella Academy, and....wait for it...$900,000 for "economy" shipping! And shipping is only in Canada. Dang...

Made me laugh...I hope it makes you laugh too! (And I wonder what the heck was going on here!)

Cheers

Canadian seller that won´t ship to the USA, so inserted a ridiculous shipping price to avoid american bidders. Maybe inserted the auction on ebay.com where there´s no option to not ship to USA.

I´m sure there are better was to avoid shipping to usa on ebay.ca, but probably a new ebay seller

Sure enough...it has been changed. I found it by looking at the the most expensive sales in all of comics. It was pretty hilarious while it lasted. Next time...I'll take a screen shot for your viewing pleasure.

Mean time...we are left with this item as the most expensive item sold in comics recently on eBay...which is also clearly absurd and laughable: http://ebay.to/17mBL7z

The highest legitimate sale appears to be this one, Action #10 in CGC 4.0 for $75K: http://ebay.to/1J1JZCF

I just wonder wha the deal is with the Flash comic...why would someone waste their time on that and how does that get handled by eBay?

No it's still there. You just need to put in a US zip code to get it. If you have a Canadian one defaulted, it shows $2.00

Someone from the US should have bid so he gets charged the final value fees haha

Screenshot%202015-02-12%2010.15.15.png

No it's still there. You just need to put in a US zip code to get it. If you have a Canadian one defaulted, it shows $2.00

Someone from the US should have bid so he gets charged the final value fees haha

I don't believe you get charged FVF on shipping until the buyer pays, so I'm sure he would have been very happy to get that charge if it meant the buyer paid the shipping charge!

Maybe it's 900k for that monopoly money Canadians use. lol

Maybe it's 900k for that monopoly money Canadians use. lol

Ah I see... thanks. Now, let's see... where's my old monopoly game I stored somewhere. lol