• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From RAW to a 4.5 to a 6.0

56 posts in this topic

What do other board members think? Does CLink have an ethical or legal obligation to pull the book now that it's publicly known that CGC missed the re-glossing on the latest submission?

or missed it the first two times (shrug)

What do other board members think? Does CLink have an ethical or legal obligation to pull the book now that it's publicly known that CGC missed the re-glossing on the latest submission?

or missed it the first two times (shrug)

It seems pretty unlikely that they'd call a book re-glossed twice if it hadn't been, doesn't it? That strains credulity.

I suspect it was un-reglossed, then graded as un-restored by CGC. :screwy:

You jest, but it's possible that someone monkeyed with it somehow. Maybe someone did something to dull the re-glossed surface just enough that CGC wouldn't catch it in their normal inspection process. 1000-grit sandpaper (which is extremely fine) might do the trick.

I guess it's remotely possible that some sort of solvent cleaning could remove whatever was used to re-gloss it, which would mean that they basically missed a solvent-cleaned cover.

Let's just say that now that CGC is doing resto removal in-house, there's not much difference between unrestored, and never-been-restored in the 1st place. :gossip:

If all those copies of Daredevil are the same book, then why is the owner entertaining offers on Heritage for the 2nd sale copy, which should be the new Universal copy offered on C-Link? I'm confused...

That system on Heritage is not kept up do date. There are many books that have changed hands yet still show the "owner is accepting offers" button.

the phenomenon you see has the hobby in the crapper.

Not entirely.

It doesn't affect those of us who collect lower graded -un-slabbed/restored/monkeyed-with- books, that we buy in order to read, whatsoever. :wink:

Not entirely.

It doesn't affect those of us who collect lower graded -un-slabbed/restored/monkeyed-with- books, that we buy in order to read, whatsoever. :wink:

I think he was joking. ;)

Not entirely.

I think he was joking. ;)

This displays how clueless I really am, eh eh. :wink: