• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 3 CGC 1.8 on eBay - O'Mealia cover

38 posts in this topic

We need Jaydogrules to get to the bottom of this one. If there is something that needs to be uncovered and exposed :o he is the man. (thumbs u

That won't be necessary JunkDrawer. Here, let me help answer you questions:

1. Yes, my bitly link is an eBay partner network affiliate link

2. No...I don't get paid if you click on it... Only if you click on it, go to eBay and then buy something.

3. I am most definitely NOT the only person posting affiliate links in the boards. There are some other very active members posting affiliate links here.

4. The payment an affiliate receives is deducted from eBay's commission. The buyer pays nothing extra. Zero.

5. I did not see anything in the rules to prohibit affiliate links. Perhaps I missed something. If so, I will stop posting these links

6. I have been collecting comics for 30 years. I posted the link because I thought the comic was cool. I don't call that spam. I have posted links and had people say that they were happy I alerted them to the sale.

7. I have not quit my day job... affiliate work is a long slog if you want to make a living at it.

8. Finally - Next time, just ask if you have a problem. Something like, "Hello ______, is that link you posted an affiliate link?" No mob required.

To the board admin...if I have broken the rules, please advise and I will stop posting affiliate links. Please keep in mind #3 above though.

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

I will say that the seller in this case is not one of my favorite eBayers right now.

Sniped a book from me in an auction, literally at the last possible second. Re-posted the same item for sale the next day at over twice what he paid.

Nothing illegal or even immoral here, but it sure does SUCK for me. I really needed that book for my registry, but if he thinks I'm paying a double mark-up for the item then he will see it sit for quite a long time. Hats off to ye and good luck.

We need Jaydogrules to get to the bottom of this one. If there is something that needs to be uncovered and exposed :o he is the man. (thumbs u

2. No...I don't get paid if you click on it... Only if you click on it, go to eBay and then buy something.

3. I am most definitely NOT the only person posting affiliate links in the boards. There are some other very active members posting affiliate links here.

4. The payment an affiliate receives is deducted from eBay's commission. The buyer pays nothing extra. Zero.

5. I did not see anything in the rules to prohibit affiliate links. Perhaps I missed something. If so, I will stop posting these links

6. I have been collecting comics for 30 years. I posted the link because I thought the comic was cool. I don't call that spam. I have posted links and had people say that they were happy I alerted them to the sale.

7. I have not quit my day job... affiliate work is a long slog if you want to make a living at it.

8. Finally - Next time, just ask if you have a problem. Something like, "Hello ______, is that link you posted an affiliate link?" No mob required.

To the board admin...if I have broken the rules, please advise and I will stop posting affiliate links. Please keep in mind #3 above though.

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

1. No harm in it no, it's just a bit cheesy. It makes you come off as a used car salesman. "Hello my good friends! Look at this link! Ignore that little code there, all it does it let them know I sent ya!"

2. I just checked your post history. You have in fact been spamming the board with these links.

3. Affiliate 'work' isn't work, it's more like trying to score tips off the parasites that live on bottom-feeders. It's that many levels down the food chain.

No offense. I've tried my hand at these sort of things in the past. Just enough to realise it's most likely always going to take hours of work to earn half a cent, and even if you actually succeeded, you'd never have anything to be proud of.

I do love looking at those early Actions though.

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

OK , I feel violated, used and exploited now. Eeww

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

Actually, the boards are set up to convert all regular eBay links to CCG's affiliate program. So you might want to watch yourself.

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

OK , I feel violated, used and exploited now. Eeww

He left out #9.....

giphy.gif

Pitchforks in the shed... Let me know if I need to run out and grab it.

Is your apostrophe out there as well?

;)

Peace,

Chip

He just has A LOT of pitchforks.

I think that covers it.

Cheers.

:facepalm:

affiliate links ?

dang that is a serious hard way to make money

:)

Actually, It's easy. When you have lots of conversations on the boards, make sure you work in your affiliate links into every conversation that you have with boardies, no matter how obscure.

affiliate links ?

dang that is a serious hard way to make money

:)

Actually, It's easy. When you have lots of conversations on the boards, make sure you work in your affiliate links into every conversation that you have with boardies, no matter how obscure.

More Affiliate Spam