• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly

161 posts in this topic

Monk's will unquestionably be on the list of things to do for beer, fries and burgers. I know Dave, (Gene potentially) and the rest of the guys would love a trip there. Or... we could wander over there if you get in early on Thursday.

I keep thinking that it's far off, but it's really not!

Monk's will unquestionably be on the list of things to do for beer, fries and burgers. I know Dave, (Gene potentially) and the rest of the guys would love a trip there. Or... we could wander over there if you get in early on Thursday.

Brian - are you going to be setting up the Dinner? Maggiano's has been excellent.

Yes, I will handle the dinner this year. It will still be at Maggiano's. I also plan on getting us the private room again, assuming I can get enough advance commitments and pre pays. I do not want Steve getting stuck with any portion of the bill personally beyond what CGC themselves will offer to pick up.

But if we get a full 30 or 35, we'll have more than enough to cover and justify the cost, and I suspect that we're going to just based on the talks I've been hearing.

I also plan on holding a Texas Hold em and/or Omaha tournament at my house, depending on interest on Friday night (although I have to figure out table spacing...). I will be setting this dinner up early, probably beginning in Mid April -- which is really not that far away.

I'm getting in on Thursday this year. I want to have a full, sane day of it at the show on Friday and have had enough sleep the night before to be able to party on Friday night and have it not feel extra insane. (That and I'm also hoping to be able to take in, at the minimum, the works by Thomas Eakins at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and Philadelphia Museum of Art... headbang.gif)

Let's try Thursday night! devil.gif

Can anyone tell me about the Forum Dinner? I plan on going to the Wizard World Philly in June.....this being my first convention I will be going to besides the little local ones. Just wondering when it is and is it included in the tickets or is this something extra?

Thanks!

~THunderkitten

Since I will be organizing the forum dinner, here's the low down. In fact, this is a good time for me just to give everyone the heads up about it since in April I will start taking a head count to finalize by early/mid May.

The forum dinners are privately organized by individual board members, so no, it's not included in the cost of a ticket to Wizard World Philly.

The last two years it has been at Maggiano's which is a very short one block walk from the con. This year it will be held there again. We will likely have our own private room (based on numbers, I doubt this will be an issue) and a pre selected menu options.

There will be a cash bar.

The price of the dinner is generally around $40-$50, but we get a fairly large amount of food, and the private room, which is key.

The dinner will be held Saturday night, probably around 7 or 7:30 in the evening. Last time we stayed for quite awhile til about 11 or so.

Since I will be organizing the forum dinner, here's the low down. In fact, this is a good time for me just to give everyone the heads up about it since in April I will start taking a head count to finalize by early/mid May.

The forum dinners are privately organized by individual board members, so no, it's not included in the cost of a ticket to Wizard World Philly.

The last two years it has been at Maggiano's which is a very short one block walk from the con. This year it will be held there again. We will likely have our own private room (based on numbers, I doubt this will be an issue) and a pre selected menu options.

There will be a cash bar.

The price of the dinner is generally around $40-$50, but we get a fairly large amount of food, and the private room, which is key.

The dinner will be held Saturday night, probably around 7 or 7:30 in the evening. Last time we stayed for quite awhile til about 11 or so.

In! grin.gif