• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish GPA had a trial-service...

259 posts in this topic

...like maybe a 2 or 3 day service for $4-5. I know it isn't that much difference in price, but I don't sell enough CGC'd books to need a whole month of their service, as valuable as it is.

Just a thought - consider who it is coming from and judge accordingly.

:)

-slym

I think $10.00 is reasonable considering they record tens of thousands of books a month. Otherwise the last three months of Ebay is free and Heritage records are free.

Not that it's a huge difference, but it's $10.95/month now. I have already scoured eBay, but since they aren't the be-all, end-all of comic sales, it'd be nice to have access to that.

Put it this way - I am willing to pay for the service, but for just a few books, not "tens of thousands" of them. As it is, I have a few people I can ask that have a sub to the service and I get the info for free. If there was a 3-day option for $5, George would be getting that money instead of nothing.

It's just a suggestion...

:(

-slym

If a company offers "unlimited" whatevers for a price why not offer something cheaper for "limited" service? Makes sense to me.

Not that there would be any way to know this, but it would be interesting to see how many people would be willing to pay a few bucks for a one time or limited look up vs. not subscribing at all vs. people who end up subscribing any way for that limited use.

No doubt. It's $10. That's almost free. If you can't afford it, then maybe you should find something cheaper to collect.....

Wow.

I am not looking for a pity-party here, nor am I yelling at my screen with spittle flying when I say this - right now, I don't have $11 to spare. I am still jobless and have comics just back from CGC that I'd like to sell so I can pay bills. But yes, literally, I don't have $11 in my PayPal account. If I did, I'd spend it on the GPA service because I could really use it. As I mentioned in my post above, I have a few people with the service kind enough to give me prices on a few comics here and there, but if there was a "trial" offer, I'd gladly pay $5 for it, instead of George not getting anything from it.

The line in your post that I emboldened, that's pretty harsh, man.

-slym

I think $10.00 is reasonable considering they record tens of thousands of books a month. Otherwise the last three months of Ebay is free and Heritage records are free.

Not that it's a huge difference, but it's $10.95/month now. I have already scoured eBay, but since they aren't the be-all, end-all of comic sales, it'd be nice to have access to that.

Put it this way - I am willing to pay for the service, but for just a few books, not "tens of thousands" of them. As it is, I have a few people I can ask that have a sub to the service and I get the info for free. If there was a 3-day option for $5, George would be getting that money instead of nothing.

It's just a suggestion...

-slym

its like bumming a cigarette from someone. I think that was the best part of quitting, telling people to go buy a pack.

No doubt. It's $10. That's almost free. If you can't afford it, then maybe you should find something cheaper to collect.....

Wow.

I am not looking for a pity-party here, nor am I yelling at my screen with spittle flying when I say this - right now, I don't have $11 to spare. I am still jobless and have comics just back from CGC that I'd like to sell so I can pay bills. But yes, literally, I don't have $11 in my PayPal account. If I did, I'd spend it on the GPA service because I could really use it. As I mentioned in my post above, I have a few people with the service kind enough to give me prices on a few comics here and there, but if there was a "trial" offer, I'd gladly pay $5 for it, instead of George not getting anything from it.

The line in your post that I emboldened, that's pretty harsh, man.

-slym

Keep in mind. You put that in bold not me.

Why don't you sell 1 book and then get the service?

It's not really that harsh. It's hard to rationalize, "I'd pay $5 but I can't afford $11," when you paid CGC money to grade the comics and you want to price them as graded comics are priced. If you think accurate information isn't going to recoup the delta between $5 acceptable and $11 unacceptable, I don't know that there is anything anyone can do.