• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish GPA had a trial-service...

259 posts in this topic

It's not really that harsh. It's hard to rationalize, "I'd pay $5 but I can't afford $11," when you paid CGC money to grade the comics and you want to price them as graded comics are priced. If you think accurate information isn't going to recoup the delta between $5 acceptable and $11 unacceptable, I don't know that there is anything anyone can do.

It's not an "acceptable" versus "unacceptable" thing for me right now. It's a "what I can afford" versus "what I can't afford right now" thing. I was just wishing (note the word in the thread's title) that GPA had an even smaller service.

Had I a little foresight, I could have avoided this, I know. Sue me, I am only human.

:)

-slym

I didn't take the OP as it was a "hardship" to pay the amount. But who wants to pay full price for something if they aren't going to utilize it fully if they don't have to?

If my phone service offered an unlimited data plan vs. one with a cap and I knew I would never go over the cap why pay more? Even if the difference was small.

You could also spend time checking Ebay and other sources to see if you can find your own pricing data, rather than come up with the $6 difference you claims is a hardship.

I have done so, but I don't have access to all the data-points that GPA does.

Also, after CGC charging my card for the books and the last few things I had to pay out on, I am now in arrears on my eBay account, and am no longer able to list anything until I pay last month's charges.

One more thing - for one of the books I have, at least last time I looked, there was no data whatsoever.

I guess I am going to have to try and sell one of the known-priced books I have here and then get GPA after that just for the Sabrinas, and use eBay sold-prices for the others for now.

FTR - all fault lies with me on this. I am not blaming anyone for my mistakes.

Again, this thread was "just wishing" - that's all.

I have said far too much as it is...

:(

-slym

You do know that if you list one decent to good book on eBay, you will probably get GPA out of it.

If you have 5.00, I will give you the other 6.00 to get the service. You can pay me back when you get the cash

Thanks, but I will find my own way here... see if I can sell off something on the boards to make up for my shortcomings elsewhere.

:)

-slym

You could just auction them off on Ebay and they sell at market value.

:idea:

I am cut off from listing on eBay right now due to me not having my ducks lined up in a row. No one's fault but mine, I am not saying anything different, but owning up to the fault still doesn't let me list on eBay right now.

-slym

I didn't take the OP as it was a "hardship" to pay the amount. But who wants to pay full price for something if they aren't going to utilize it fully if they don't have to?

If my phone service offered an unlimited data plan vs. one with a cap and I knew I would never go over the cap why pay more? Even if the difference was small.

Why say "utilize" when you mean "use"? lol

I am cut off from listing on eBay right now due to me not having my ducks lined up in a row. No one's fault but mine, I am not saying anything different, but owning up to the fault still doesn't let me list on eBay right now.

-slym

That's reassuring . . .

That's reassuring . . .

OK

-slym

Why say 9.8 when you mean 9.2?

Why say 9.8 when you mean 9.2?

Why say between TX and KS when you mean God's hellhole?

I suggested a fee per book you wanted to check in a similar thread, and that suggestion was not met favorably. I'm guessing your suggestion will meet a similar fate, but it will be interesting to see. :popcorn:

If you want any book for $1 or something similar then just shoot me a PM. Same goes for Slym.

Does it really make a difference?